References

(3 Posts)
Minus273 Wed 21-Sep-11 16:04:08

I've spent a good few hours redoing his C.V.

I just remember applying for jobs after the company I had worked for had gone bust. Quite a few people made a big thing of not having full references from my previous employer.

meditrina Wed 21-Sep-11 14:43:05

It's actually not unusual for a company to confirm only dates of employment and job title, so I don't think this will be as much as a disadvantage as you fear.

Can he access any support in writing a really good CV?

Minus273 Wed 21-Sep-11 14:26:21

DH is being made redundant. I am trying to help with his job hunting as he is very low and we are both stressed as I am pregnant.

The current problem is the company he has been working for has a policy of no references under any circumstances. The most they will do is confirm someone worked there between x and y. This is completely new to me as any place I have ever worked allows its staff to write references. I am really worried about bad this looks on job applications (having no references from most recent employer) and am worried it will snooker his chance of ever being employed again.

What can we do to improve his chances?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now