Should I go back to my early love?

(9 Posts)
WordGetsAround Mon 12-Sep-16 11:26:15

This is about The Archers, of course!

I am so pleased with the outcome of the trial, but now I'm tempted to return to the fold, but I don't know if I should!

I listened for nearly 10 years before giving up in the Spring as it was making me more angry than happy.

Should I start listening again or just accept it was something that was great at the time, but is now over?

LikeDylanInTheMovies Mon 12-Sep-16 17:22:58

New script writer soon so the tenor of the series may change. The trial aside, I've not enjoyed So'C's tenure. Not that I want it to return to some mythic age where every episode was solely to hoof rot and cake baking.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Mon 12-Sep-16 17:56:46

Give it a go! Normality may be about to return to Ambridge (or what passes for normality in The Archers) with a new editor. It's the Flower and Produce show soon - one of the highlights of the year for me. grin

MrsArthurShappey Tue 13-Sep-16 09:57:11

I'm in the same position OP, tentatively listening via iplayer again after several months of just keeping track on lowfield and here.

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Tue 13-Sep-16 10:00:21

I am in the same place OP, after 20years listening.
I stopped in May but keep reading the threads.
Will someone tell me when it's safe to listen again?

fairislecable Tue 13-Sep-16 18:19:58

You are not alone - I listened last night for the first time for months and it was STILL Helen and Rob stuff.

Perhaps if I wait a few more months it will be more normal.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Tue 13-Sep-16 19:58:58

Tonight was more normal. Grundys, Adam and Ian, Lilian and Justin.

Nepotism Tue 13-Sep-16 20:25:42

Same here, just had a break of about four months after 30 years. Couldn't cope with the Rob and Henry scenes or Pat's hysterical wailing. Started again last week....

WordGetsAround Thu 15-Sep-16 14:13:43

Oooo - I didn't know anyone had replied - they hadn't last time I checked!

It's great to hear there are a few of us in the same position. I've now listened to Sunday's omnibus, Sunday's special and the last 3 episodes. Jury's very much still out.

Looking forward to the F&P show (reassuring mention of the 'gentlemen's buttonhole'), and loved hearing Lillian again! Even the Ian and Adam stuff is reassuringly samey - even if tinged with Knob.

As PP said, I think I'll keep tentatively listening on IPlayer and see how it sits!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now