Anyone else listening to 'Tracks'?

(19 Posts)
annandale Fri 09-Sep-16 06:23:24

I'm very confused. But enjoying it. Some great voices. like the music too.

I do wonder if I'm going to be left going 'What...?' at the end. But then i usually am, with a conspiracy story.

Gruach Fri 09-Sep-16 06:30:21

I have been ...

Finding it rather unsatisfactory. The BBC calling it a "major new drama" hasn't really done it any favours. Nine episodes?

To me it feels dragged out for no good reason.

But I do want to know how it's resolved so I may have to stick with it.

pennygoodlife Fri 09-Sep-16 06:46:27

Just listened to first 6 off the trot, I'm
A bit confused too but I think I'm enjoying it. When is it on again!

Gruach Fri 09-Sep-16 06:47:38

Think it's the Tuesday afternoon drama slot.

BikeRunSki Fri 09-Sep-16 07:36:21

I heard a radio play about 3 weeks ago on a Tuesday. Main character was the daughter of a scientist who's been involved in some controversial human engineering experiments in the past, there was a lady with a face transplant that hadn't worked too. A man with no heart, but actually it was in his stomach. Several important characters including the heart man had died in a plane crash. Heart man was the face transplant lady's father I think.

Is this the play you're talking about. Never found out what it was called, would like to catch up!

Tinklypoo Fri 09-Sep-16 07:42:33

That's the one BikeRunSki

Heard the first three or four then missed a bit. All a bit strange for me.

BikeRunSki Fri 09-Sep-16 08:03:14

Thank you. I found it morbidly fascinating.

GypsyFl0ss Fri 09-Sep-16 08:04:37

Yes I have. I haven't heard the latest one. I had a theory that the main character's dad had had his brain transplanted into the young boy but that was before I heard the one that talked about making human bombs.
I think the old flame pathologist doc she has hooked up with might be working for the dark side and he's been sent in to keep an eye on her. I'm a bit suspicious of his granny's legacy.

shinynewusername Wed 14-Sep-16 06:57:14

Really enjoying it, despite some medically dubious stuff that - as a pedant doctor - has me harrumphing at the radio.

LikeDylanInTheMovies Wed 14-Sep-16 07:11:36

I tried... but it was a bit too far fetched for me.

cirrusblue Wed 14-Sep-16 11:49:19

I am sticking with it. Found the first five episodes v gripping but it is now losing steam a bit now - maybe better compressed into 6 episodes. Still Romola Garai is tremendous.

JockMonsieur Wed 14-Sep-16 11:53:40

I'm really enjoying it
admittedly it's utterly preposterous, but agree that Romula Garai has been brilliant.

pennygoodlife Fri 16-Sep-16 12:40:22

I think it's really dark, it gives me the creeps Just listened to this week's, roll on next wee!

Mcnorton Fri 16-Sep-16 12:45:56

I love this! Romola Garai should be in everything. It keeps me going when i go out for a run because I am busy being confused. I do wonder how they will end it though...

Mitzimaybe Fri 16-Sep-16 17:32:28

I heard the first two or three, none since. Intriguing at first but then too much "I know it could be dangerous but I'm ignoring all the warnings and going off by myself to meet mysterious threatening people and drink drugged tea without a second thought."

Would be interested to know if people think it's worth persevering with or not.

annandale Fri 16-Sep-16 21:09:51

Ooh scary episode with Dr ash and her mum... They seemed slightly accepting of what was happening which didn't seem quite right! Um it was the nucleus accumbens one, number 7 I think.

maras2 Sat 17-Sep-16 11:38:26

Me too Annandale.Listened to The Nucleus Accumbens last night and scared myself silly.< We were in bed and I had headphones on > I love all of the CNS references in the titles.It reminds me of my anatomy lectures as a student nurse 45 years ago.I drove then Dboyfriend, now DH,daft by begging 'test me test me' which I feel tempted to do all over again. grin

GypsyFl0ss Sat 17-Sep-16 14:14:20

Thanks for the prompt, just listening now.

I've been listening too, though I missed the last-but-one and didn't catch up before listening to the latest one. So I was a bit more confused than usual on Tuesday! I'm finding it quite compelling, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now