Elves have needs too - will there be a pheasants' revolt? Discuss The Archers here

(977 Posts)
PseudoBadger Wed 25-May-16 15:09:13

I've just browsed Lowfield for the first time - they really don't like Pat do they!

SmallLegsOrSmallEggs Wed 25-May-16 15:27:45

Does anyone?

The whole RichJohnny thing really put me off her forever.

Minimammoth Wed 25-May-16 15:52:24

Prodigals seem to be the only future storyline: Pip leaves, brings up a family, returns to fight with Josh and Ben over inheritance. Gideon is brought up by Rob and returns to challenge whoever for bridge farm,elbowing out Johnny and Tom. Rauoauary returns to elbow out Adam, and so on.

AskingForAPal Wed 25-May-16 15:53:23

You're right mini, except Pip will never leave. Don't you remember someone (probs SOC) saying you have to recruit an actress for the next few decades <sigh>

Gruach Wed 25-May-16 16:48:29

I liked TA so much more when the editor/writers didn't show their workings ...

Thanks Pseudo. star As the thread titles usually manage a fair degree of prescience I shall hope for a more entertaining Ambridge in the next few weeks.

trevortrevorslatterfry Wed 25-May-16 16:58:33

HULLO! thanks for the new thread

BYOSnowman Wed 25-May-16 17:16:07

Thanks for new thread

Agree gruach. It's not like listening in to someone else's conversations now.

PseudoBadger Wed 25-May-16 17:20:38

Oh no! Look at that singular pheasant revolting in the title blushblushblush That'll teach me to start a thread at work shock

PseudoBadger Wed 25-May-16 17:53:20

Olivia please can you edit my title....

SaraTheFairy Wed 25-May-16 17:59:21

pseudo I quite like the idea of one solitary badger with a placard "Fairies Out" grin

SaraTheFairy Wed 25-May-16 17:59:48

Oops. Or even a solitary pheasant blush

Fink Wed 25-May-16 18:01:22

Nitpicking I know, but I couldn't believe Pip had never heard of the whole moving to summer pastures in the Alps (transhumance) idea. Even I know about that and I'm a confirmed city lass! Has she never listened to FOOC (was a bit about summer pastures in the Pyrenees a couple of years back)?! Read Heidi?! Visited a farm outside of Borsetshire?!

SaraTheFairy Wed 25-May-16 18:03:12

In fact. I can imagine a badger's view on the archers in its current sad state. A solitary badger with a placard saying "Down with this sort of thing", like in Father Ted.

SmallLegsOrSmallEggs Wed 25-May-16 18:11:30

David would get Ed to shoot it.

AskingForAPal Wed 25-May-16 18:16:32

I'd love that SaraTheFairy

do you poointhe woods

EquinoxBloom Wed 25-May-16 18:43:37

<imagines a stoat holding a placard saying "careful now!">

Thanks for the new thread.

I thought pip should have been above all that desperate begging with whatsit. Next stop Rex?

EasyToEatTiger Wed 25-May-16 18:58:52

Will the pheasants be revolting? Oh I do hope so! Well done Pseudo and Thank You!

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Wed 25-May-16 19:14:05

Thanks for this thread. So that was the last of Matthew. sad Bugger. Please, please, please can Pip become an elective mute.

cheminotte Wed 25-May-16 19:15:03

Thanks for the new thread Pseudo

IggyPopsicle Wed 25-May-16 19:21:50

"Fallon & Kirsty get their heads together"

I thought this would mean they finally compare notes about Hellin & Knob - turns out it was all about getting Jazzer back with the pigs! angry

Minimammoth Wed 25-May-16 19:24:27

Is that it then? The sum of tonight's action. Hmm? Worth listening? Give us a clue.

Gruach Wed 25-May-16 19:28:47

Give us a clue.

Official handover of The Prize from one man to another.

R4 Wed 25-May-16 19:30:23

We had a nano-second of excitement when Pip & Matthew had a "that's agreed then" conversation and we didn't know what they had agreed. But then they told us. So that was the end of that, and Matthew rode off into the sunset dawn.
Good point iggy. They can get their heads together about Jazzer but not Helen. Says a lot about Helen!

Minimammoth Wed 25-May-16 19:31:25

Is it a piglet?

IggyPopsicle Wed 25-May-16 19:31:27

It was a very boring episode, Mini. It started off with Pip saying goodbye to Matthew - Toby then decided to take the opportunity to invite her to the cinema. Then it moved onto Fallon buttering up Jazzer into returning to Bridge Farm with a pint and a ploughman's....zzzzZZZ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now