Just checking : is it OK to squeeze thighs tightly when Miles Jupp is on R4 when you've done time in Balamory?

(8 Posts)
Ragginis Wed 18-May-16 21:17:43

Seems a bit Stockholm syndrome.

But dear me.....

Eastpoint Sat 11-Jun-16 05:54:06

I am listening to last night's News Quiz and think I prefer Miles Jupp now, the overall tone of the programme seems less mean-spirited, which I think it had become.

clarrrp Sat 11-Jun-16 06:16:22

My half hour on a friday with Miles is one of the highlights of my week. And I don't even care how sad that makes me.

VikingVolva Sat 11-Jun-16 07:26:50

The 'joke' he made about domestic violence (on Mock The Week) really altered my opinion of him.

EasyToEatTiger Tue 14-Jun-16 12:01:59

Mock the Week is very laddish and I find the tone quite unpleasant and unfunny. Probably why I didn't see him as I have lost interest.

Eastpoint Wed 15-Jun-16 15:14:34

I've never watched Mock the Week, I tend to fall asleep if I watch tv.

whataboutbob Thu 14-Jul-16 22:10:21

Another miles Jupp fan here. I agree the News Quizz was getting mean spirited. I was hoping he'd be more of a counterweight to Jeremy Hardy though. Note to jeremy: being right on isn't the same as being funny.

JudyCoolibar Fri 15-Jul-16 19:22:39

I didn't find the News Quiz at all mean-spirited. I'm happy enough with Miles Jupp as Chair, except I wish that they'd scrap the idea of putting in irrelevant and pointless adverbs when he sums up at the end of a round - e.g. "Empathetically, this was the story of..."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now