Recommend me something on iplayer to listen to while ironing?

(11 Posts)
Waswondering Sat 23-Aug-14 14:49:39

Have (almost) 11yo ds in the room to, so something suitable for tender ears. But I'm bored .....

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 23-Aug-14 21:25:45

Presume you've finished now but if not, the Huey Morgan show on Radio 6 is always good smile

Waswondering Sat 23-Aug-14 21:50:08

Thanks. Finished a while ago ... smile Will note that for the future. Was forced to speak to ds about minecraft instead!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 24-Aug-14 21:18:16

How did you cope? grin

BiscuitMillionaire Thu 28-Aug-14 21:37:26

Apparently all the Desert Island Discs are on iplayer. I always find them a good listen.

RaisinGirls Fri 29-Aug-14 14:17:29

A little late but I always enjoy From Our Own Correspondent,Front Row and kermode and Mayo Film Show.

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Fri 29-Aug-14 14:24:40

Can you get John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme or Cabin Pressure on i-player? Youtube otherwise, or splash out and buy them (CP in particular). Utterly brilliant.

toldmywrath Sat 30-Aug-14 12:39:11

The Archers! That's when I listen (while doing the ironing on a Sunday morning)

Ladyflip Sat 30-Aug-14 13:25:22

Dead Ringers. I listened to that whilst ironing and snorting with laughing.

Vacillating Mon 08-Sep-14 21:13:27

David sedaris makes me roar but the drama is good too especially the crime. Get some Martin BEck for serious swedish crime, badi for slightly sexy monk in intellectual clothing, Paul temple so you can walk round for the rest of the day doing old RP accents whilst longing for staff. Other drama is potentially more annoying and avoid Craven, harrowing tat the moment and increasingly annoying narration.

talfrynf Sat 20-Sep-14 09:00:26

I love listening to pick of the pops. If they play a year I remember, I get lost in the memories of the time! The daydreaming makes the time whiz by!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now