Has Chris Evans left the breakfast show?

(18 Posts)

I dip in and out of Radio 2, and last time, a couple of weeks ago, there was another's le doing it, and today it was Sarah Cox. Has CE left or is he on (a long) holiday!

*another male•

ToFollowJulie Thu 10-Jul-14 08:20:14

Initially they said he was ill, but I'm starting to wonder if there's more to it...

Back2Two Thu 10-Jul-14 08:21:52

Fingers crossed

LGJ Thu 10-Jul-14 08:24:01

He was off with a chest infection, and came back too soon. Personally I reckon the chest infection was on its way to poonomia. When I had poonomia it took me a good six months to recover.

katcatkat Thu 10-Jul-14 08:24:15

He has voice problems again they have said.
Some of his abcences have been holiday and some illness but there have been an awful lot.
I really like Sara Cox though she is one of the better substitutes they have had.

LGJ Thu 10-Jul-14 08:29:03

He is due to go on hols in six weeks time, if they give us Ryan bleeding Tubridy I will not be best pleased.

she was presenting radio 1 breakfast show previously wasnt she? so she is experienced, I do miss Chris though, get well soon and come back!

Cherrypi Thu 10-Jul-14 08:32:03

He suffers with hey fever too doesn't he? That can't help.

I was wondering about this.
I quite like Coxy although would prefer Zoe Ball.

LGJ Thu 10-Jul-14 08:35:08

If we can't have Chris, then bring back Richard Allinson.

Susiesue61 Thu 10-Jul-14 08:37:44

Ooh, I could go back to Radio 2 in the mornings then. Quite like Sara Cox and Zoe Ball, can't stand chris Evans

katcatkat Thu 10-Jul-14 08:38:00

We change radio station for ryan tubridy he is so awful.

Hulababy Thu 10-Jul-14 08:46:02

Radio 2 Breakfast FB says he is ill and is taking week off to recover.

rubyflipper Thu 10-Jul-14 08:47:34

Fingers crossed it's an illness that requires a long period of recovery.

I can't abide Chris Evans; but I'd rather listen to Heart than be subjected to Ryan Tubridy.

I can't stand Chris Evans either - that's why I dip in and out. But far, far, far worse than him is Zoe Ball.

I quite like her (and CE, actually) on TV, but she's the worst radio presenter ever. And I don't mind Ryan Tubridy.

My ideal breakfast show would be Nicky Cambell and sheilagh Fogarty, but with music!

felinesad Thu 10-Jul-14 09:01:26

It puts my whole day out of kilter when I don't have Chris to wakeup to!!!

However it totally ruins my day if the replacement is the terminally braindead Zoe Ball. I can't listen to her ill informed shrieky ramblings and have even been moved to complain to the BBC about using her as a replacement on BBC (yes I do need to get a life). She was the reason I moved from Radio 1 to Radio 2 many moons ago because I couldn't listen to her on BBC 1 breakfast show.

I don't mind Sara Cox however

she doesnt seem to talk much, just play music. i guess the stand ins aren't allowed to talk and upset us winkand lose their listeners?

the music is good, one thing i notice when richard maddely is standing in, the music is brilliant! <<compensating there?>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now