00:00-05:00 Radio 2 changes...

(4 Posts)
NetworkGuy Mon 23-Jun-14 04:13:59

Daft idiot controlling R2, 6Music and a heap of other jobs (no doubt earning a massive salary), has decided to cut live programming so there will be repeats of other shows in the slot from 03:00 to 05:00 and they've effectively cut the weekend shows by Richard Allinson (but keeping him on a zero hours contract to "fill in" when they want).

I bet the budget for the BBC has increased the portion spent on Sports coverage, while night shift workers and drivers etc, who are regular listeners in the late night / early morning slot are being given a big V sign... not important enough in listener numbers, I bet!

Damn "we know best" BBC.

poppyamm Wed 02-Jul-14 19:35:20

I totally agree.
Please sign online petition to save Richard Allinson weekend shows if you have not already done so and/or retweet to friends.
Richard is a great dj and is a loss to Radio 2 and will be missed by his listeners. If they cut the pay of the celeb djs the weekend shows would be saved. Thanks

NetworkGuy Fri 26-Sep-14 14:08:42

Online petition ? Sorry. I'm much too late (having heard mention of some date in October recently)... just came back to Radio Addicts today after a gap from regular reading.

NetworkGuy Fri 26-Sep-14 14:10:31

PS Agree that if there was less spent on some celebs it'd make a difference... (but I could equally argue a 20% cut in whatever is spent on sports rights across TV and Radio would likely make a massive difference to what else could be afforded).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now