ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Which digital radio for good sound quality ?

(5 Posts)
Footle Tue 06-May-14 20:28:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZeroSomeGameThingy Fri 06-Jun-14 10:47:11

I do wish someone (even without hearing problems) had a definitive answer to this!

No matter how many reviews I read I still feel I'm choosing pretty much in the dark.

thegambler Wed 11-Jun-14 23:27:19

I use my mobile phone and plug it into some decent PC speakers. Very handy for when the phone rings aswell as it cuts the radio off so I can hear the ring. Also means I can use the full range of i-player etc, podcasts and my own music.

Oneeyedbloke Fri 22-Aug-14 01:50:04

Pure Evoke 2S is a DAB set and has bass & treble controls. I'm assuming you want to reduce the bass / turn up the treble for speech clarity?

Sets with small speakers naturally lack bass, so try some of the smaller models. Roberts Ecologic 1 or 2 look good & are still available.

Wouldn't recommend Pure DAB sets, had two peg out in about 2 years, not impressed.

Admiraltea Fri 22-Aug-14 03:27:28

Used Pure evoke then treated myself to a Ruark R1 Mk11, is for sale in John Lewis I think, but I got mine from local independent hi-fi shop where they are sound quality geeks.
Have you got a good independent shop near you? They should be able to help you find the sound that suits your needs ( and will happily spend a very long time doing so!!!)
I do use the tv for radio a lot as well in other rooms. Radio 4 is channel 705 on my freeview. 707 is 4 extra.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now