Can I PLEASE just have 13 minutes? 13 measly minutes to myself to listen to The Archers?

(980 Posts)
PseudoBadger Tue 11-Mar-14 20:16:12

Come and enjoy awkward dinner parties galore!

TheShimmeringPussycat Wed 26-Mar-14 14:19:28

<beckons from new thread> (see link a few posts up on this one)

OldBeanbagz Wed 26-Mar-14 10:37:15

AskBasil my 9yo noticed that too and wanted to know why they were talking about it blush

ComposHat Wed 26-Mar-14 00:44:27

I predict Peep will have a strop of car write off proportions when she finds out.

justiceofthePeas Tue 25-Mar-14 20:07:37

This little piggy couldn't go to market (because of movement restrictions) this little piggy bought a new home, this little Peggy paid for roast beef (but not from Bridge Farm....)

MikeTheShite Tue 25-Mar-14 19:33:14

Basil i thought that too.
I can see Pip being squealy about being pregnant too after she gets a shock finding out in a few weeks and mopes for a bit more. I bet she gets David and Ruth all excited and decorating only for them to sadly loose the baby.
Actually that might be really far out!

Wordsaremything Tue 25-Mar-14 19:15:26

Neither

Wordsaremything Tue 25-Mar-14 19:14:50

Me either mike!

AskBasil Tue 25-Mar-14 19:14:31

OMG someone said sex in the Archers

Wordsaremything Tue 25-Mar-14 19:13:24

Nice to hear elizabeth again

MikeTheShite Tue 25-Mar-14 19:11:56

I'm not convinced Pip isn't!

PseudoBadger Tue 25-Mar-14 19:11:40
Wordsaremything Tue 25-Mar-14 19:10:58

Hmmm!

MikeTheShite Tue 25-Mar-14 19:09:28

For sure!!smile

Wordsaremything Tue 25-Mar-14 19:09:02

Definitely they have been reading here ( peep)

MikeTheShite Tue 25-Mar-14 19:06:19

I think pips on her way home to break some newswink

Wordsaremything Tue 25-Mar-14 19:05:48

Anyone listening?

ErrolTheDragon Tue 25-Mar-14 18:49:37

Darryl was all of the last three CCF cows in one.

GypsyFloss Tue 25-Mar-14 17:09:53

grin nauticant. Ohhh noooooooo.

Right, I'm going to add Cold Comfort Farm to my reading list. I like the sound of those cows.

nauticant Tue 25-Mar-14 17:06:50

aargh! give not get

nauticant Tue 25-Mar-14 17:05:24

She & David haven't even mentioned the lambing thing, have they?

Rooth is going to get birth to a lamb!?

Halsall Tue 25-Mar-14 16:45:20

Cretaceous and toomuch, your posts made me grin. As all the CCF fans out there will remember, the cows at the Starkadder farm are called Graceless, Pointless, Feckless and Aimless.

All of which apply in varying degrees to most characters in TA.

LillianGish Tue 25-Mar-14 16:29:08

Having listened again at 2pm am more and more convinced that Tom's failure to report his possible pig risk will be crucial. SWs seem to want to keep Tom and Tony plot as six of one and half-a-dozen of the other - so while Tony may be to blame for having a sick cow Tom will get himself into trouble by failing to do the right thing and so be the author of his own misfortune, which may not go down well with Peggy.

Toomuchtea Tue 25-Mar-14 15:52:29

I agree that Tony should have consulted with the family, and yes, graceless is exactly the right word for Tom. I am still rooting for those cows to be (once the SW have got over the need to have some teething troubles) an outstanding success and in some way rescue Tom from the mess he's heading towards.

I'm surprised R&D haven't mentioned the lambing thing because even if you're a bit casual, wouldn't you at least consider the risky things about the farm?

She & David haven't even mentioned the lambing thing, have they?

Cretaceous Tue 25-Mar-14 11:26:58

"Cretaceous, I do sometimes regret the fact I banned all electronic devices at the table." Mine are now 12 and 15, and I've even been allowing tv dinners recently... shock Thank goodness they don't like Eastenders...

Have now caught up with the latest episode. Tony shouldn't have bought the cows without consulting the family... but Tom is just so graceless. Ruth's still in the early stages of pregnancy, so I think they might go down the miscarriage route sad, otherwise they would have let her get further along the way before we discovered. Or perhaps the scan will reveal something, and she'll reach the opposite decision from Vikki. A stillborn baby would be even more unbearable than those options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now