Sheeping With The Enemy - in a brand new bed? Discuss the trials and tribulations of the Archers

(983 Posts)
PseudoBadger Tue 18-Feb-14 20:11:28

Just don't be so careless with your watch Helen

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Wed 26-Feb-14 21:25:52

Yes, how exactly has Jess gone too far???

<blatant place marking as for some reason this keeps disappearing from TIO shock >

I was snurking at the bit - JESS has gone too far? That must be bloody far considering that Rob has shagged another woman and moved her and her brat in to the marital home. If Jess has gone further than that she must be shagging the entire Bolshoi ballet.

BasketzatDawn Wed 26-Feb-14 21:29:59

For once I felt sorry for Emur - she was only worried about her money.

It's interesting to see how much more relaxed Ruth is around her MIL. I can remember the DTD scene (the brain bleach ddin't work!). R and David were newly weds living in the bungaloo, and Jill kept dropping by - just walking in with a pie she'd just made etc. And this was one of those occasions. Ruth was really annoyed. She was quite the nightmare MIL you can see portrayed in AIBU ('to think my MIL in an interfering busy body'). Perhaps Ruth has just realised Jill is useful to her - after 20 odd years of marriage she has realised housework is boring and she will never catch up, and the old bird seems willing enough ..... I too wonder about the eyes. Maybe she'll get a cancellation with a day's notice and get all in a lather over packing her bag.

I do hope Rob doesn't turn out to be a Goodie. It does sound like Jess was threatening suicide again, if he divorced her. Och well, it'll all come out in the wash.

BasketzatDawn Wed 26-Feb-14 21:35:11

I was thinking too about the bed - I tried hard not to - he basically disposed of 'marital assets'. When Jess is divorced and setting up home again she may have wanted that bed? Though possibly not as her STxH had been entertaining another woman in it. But, as someone said a few weeks ago, beds are eye wateringly pricey. And social workers aren't well paid.

nauticant Wed 26-Feb-14 22:14:09

We're being toyed with. Heavy hints of Rob being EA, then one-sided telephone calls in which it sounds like he's being straightforward. Trailers suggesting Rob is going to go mental and then in the programme he gets cross, is a bit sharp, and then apologises.

If they string this out with mixed messages then I'll only be happy with blood.

CuttedUpPear Wed 26-Feb-14 23:33:49

Did anyone else's heart stop when Jill lit the Aga?
I was worrying about her poor old eyes and the possibility of a huuuuge explosion! But Ruth and Deevid just sauntered in to enjoy the warmth.
What a red herring!

BeaLola Thu 27-Feb-14 01:30:45

How can she , Jess, have gone too far ? Im puzzling this.

Is it because she turned up and spoke to Helen ? If she is genuine then why wasnt she more upset to find Helen living with Rob or is it that Rob always goes off with another woman but ultimately always goes back to her. But where has she been ... Back at her Mothers or living nearby having taken SW job she was offered ?

Is she telling the truth and Rob went to see her Valentines night for shag fest and would have continued keeping both women dangling but for the fact that she turned up on his doorstep and found Helen in Rob's home ?

Btw what sort of pattern/colour bedlinen did Rob who thinks of everything chose for the new bed ?

I still think that Jess will get pregnant rather than murdered.

Re the handsome copper unless he decides to go for cougar Jill who can he have as his other half ..... Perhaps Brenda will return from the smoke or maybe Pip ? Or will he suddenly bat for the other side and bunk up with Jazzer ?

unitarian Thu 27-Feb-14 02:02:06

I wonder if Rob's 'gone too far' comment on Jess's voicemail is to make her look bad in case it is ever used as evidence of the mental instability he'll be alleging.

Another lurker from a village that makes Ambridge look tame.

ComposHat Thu 27-Feb-14 04:40:56

I switched on the radio tonight and virtually the first thing i heard was Jill utter the words 'splattered with meat juice'.
I snorted very loudly indeed.

justiceofthePeas Thu 27-Feb-14 08:01:14

In genuine EA situation things the abuser says don't have to make any rational sense. Rob might think he is entitled to have another woman seeing as Jess walked out on him. conveniently forgetting that he had ow all along. then J becomes the ow who is now going to far by turning up and causing trouble.

Also he may expect to get a very favourable quick and convenient fir him divorce.

Think about Paul who had lill but still expected to control his xw as well.

I do hope they are not going to back off from.the SL and make J look unstable as the way he treated her over tgeur salmon etc. was appalling.

guineapiglet Thu 27-Feb-14 08:33:23

I wonder if Jess threatened suicide or some such threat when Rob said 'that would be too much for your mother' or something like that...
I still think its odd that she hasn't showed her face and if she is the 'unstable' one presumably she would be turning up at odd hours.

I agree with others in that I hope she is pregnant - could that be her threat or hold over Rob... she did tell Hellin ' you don't know what you are letting yourself in for'..

FederationPresidentBarryFife Thu 27-Feb-14 09:07:50

Hello everyone! Can I join in? I love The Archers - been listening since the '90s blush

I just wanted to add - I feel sorry for Emma, she's only worried about her job but she is so bloody RUDE. I can't understand why no-one tells her off!

Halsall Thu 27-Feb-14 09:08:58

They are toying with us. When Paul and his ex (can't recall her name - Anita Dobson played her) were having their rancorous phone convos, I clearly recall hearing both sides at times, so there was no doubt he was a controlling loon.

Here, we have no idea what Jess is actually saying/has said - they're going to spin this one out forever. I just pray they don't do that infuriating thing of ramping the tension up and up and up, then just dropping the SL like a hot brick - cf the farm saboteurs, Amy's married rotter, Chris's 'life-threatening' injury, Darrell and the bleeding floorboards.

IMHO Rob is horribly sinister and controlling. The way he spoke to Jess on the night of Salmongate was vile. If they turn him into a saint I shall be seriously annoyed.

ppeatfruit Thu 27-Feb-14 10:22:04

guineapiglet Jess DID show up though didn't she? I wonder where she is too and if she took up the SW job that she was offered . If she did she would have to be living locally (unless she's commuting from hampshire which would be odd but not impossible I suppose).

Yes I think the SWs are toying with us in an annoying fashion.I'm still enjoying it though grin.

guineapiglet Thu 27-Feb-14 12:09:54

... yes, I guess I meant, hasn't shown up since Valentine's Day massacre confrontation.... she must now know the situation, and you'd think if she were 'unstable' she would be banging on the door at random times to disturb the p and q in the love nest....or at the very least bombarding Hellin with nasty phone calls.... knowing she is on the phone but not quite hearing her side of things is very tantalising, was thinking it has been a long time since there has been a proper 'villain' ( apart from Brine of course) - and I've been listening since the late 80's !!! blush

Tommy Thu 27-Feb-14 17:28:13

I don't think Hell-in will do anything - she is so "in love" and gullible that she won't suspect a thing.
it'll all end in tears.....

ZeroSomeGameThingy Thu 27-Feb-14 19:15:48

Mark my words - Emma is going to decide to go back to college for a proper education....

CarolineKnappShappey Thu 27-Feb-14 19:15:56

The First Feminist Episode?

No men. And discussion of the morality of pole dancing.

I applaud the new editor!

AllMimsyWereTheBorogroves Thu 27-Feb-14 19:17:14

Wasn't it great! Really enjoyed that episode.

OddFodd Thu 27-Feb-14 19:21:45

Wow - there wasn't a single male character was there? I wonder if Hellin is going to go home and say something to Rob and he gives her another glimpse of what an utter shithead he is? Or perhaps it was just a one off 15 mins of greatness.

Does anyone remember when Eastenders used to do that at times? I remember one episode with Dot Cotton talking to another character for the entire episode. They didn't leave the room. It was like an Alan Bennett monologue - truly brilliant drama.

ZeroSomeGameThingy Thu 27-Feb-14 19:22:31

Fascinating. Hope all the papers give this breakthrough the attention it deserves.

justiceofthePeas Thu 27-Feb-14 19:26:33

I reckon Hell-in may end up pregnant, possibly Jess too only Rob will be off with whoever his valentine's day shag was.
Hell was assume he has gone off with Jess and confront her only to find out he does this all the time.

Hell will win him back only to find out once the baby arrives that he is proper monstrous.

PseudoBadger Thu 27-Feb-14 20:40:38

Hmmm. It may well have been a 'feminist episode' in that it contained only women. However the plot line was in no way feminist IMO! Most of the women were only there because there was a dishy man appearing!
The purpose of that episode is to set Helen up, neither she nor anyone else will believe that she could possibly be a dv/ea victim as she is so clued up and right on about women's rights.

Lomaamina Thu 27-Feb-14 20:57:46

I found the episode cringe worthy. Jennifer moaning about Brian not doing DIY - if it were truly feminist someone would pipe up to ask why she can't do it. That and a bunch of grown women overexcited over the "handsome" PC and the OTT advert for the WI... Though the debate at the end was well done I thought.

ZeroSomeGameThingy Thu 27-Feb-14 21:09:42

It's true that they did all cite him indoors as the reason why they needed to retire from the jollification. (Except perhaps Kirstie....)

I wish they could have left out Ruth's patronizing line about having to take Jill home before she got any more over-excited. Made Jill sound like a toddler.

But I wonder if the whole point of PC Burns was as a focus for the "women's evening."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now