My ears! My ears! Helen and Rob...

(73 Posts)
PureDeadBrilliant Sun 28-Jul-13 19:47:29

this is not going to end well.

babybarrister Colombia Tue 30-Jul-13 23:30:01

But thinks of the kids ...they need a new Nigel

LadyBigtoes Tue 30-Jul-13 23:30:46

Is Kenton much younger than Jolene? - in my head he is but I forget that they all age like us grin

What do we think is the truth about Rob's absent wife?

PareyMortas Tue 30-Jul-13 23:32:13

Ooh Tommy thanks, how cringey 'move closer' that's what we used to snog boys to at the with form disco.

LizzieVereker Tue 30-Jul-13 23:54:04

Oh now I've got an image of Elizabeth and Ifti "dancing" with their hands on each other's shoulders, side stepping at arm's length.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 31-Jul-13 00:03:23

Kenton is the same age as Shula - they're twins... Shula seems older to me than Jolene but Kenton younger... he doesn't act his age. Whatever that is ...ok, I'm going to look it up - aug 8th 1958.

David is just over a year younger (blimey, Jill must have had her hands full!)

Jolene's age is not revealed.

Tommy Wed 31-Jul-13 07:44:20

lol at the school disco image..... grin
it was quite cringey it has to be said

Tommy Wed 31-Jul-13 07:45:38

I thought telling-off-Kathy-man was the chairman of the golf club?

MrsDeVere Wed 31-Jul-13 07:53:30

I thought the telling off man was the same slimy get who was all 'wink, wink' when he saw Lillian and Paul at the races.

They may just wheel out a generic slime ball on these occasions though.

OR he could be a big fat liar who is scamming her for free drinks.

StayAwayFromTheEdge Wed 31-Jul-13 08:42:34

The icing on the cake would be Hell-in being pregnant!

lottiegarbanzo Wed 31-Jul-13 09:16:28

Yup, I was looking forward to Lizzie and Ifti (visible miles off) but when it came to it she said she wasn't yet ready for a new relationship. Freddie would have liked it and Ifti's outsider credentials would have wound up some of the old folks endlessly. Everyone was just fine about having him as a cricket coach and tutor - service roles - but as an arriviste landowner?!

I know Helen is deeply annoying but I think I may be the only person who likes her. I think Rob could be great for her, or those are the solid, hardworking, sociable, child-loving indications. Only if he makes a clean break pretty fast though. A long angsty affair while Jess piles on the guilt about abandoning her, tied to her dependent parents, will wear them all down into messy despond. Decision time Rob!

Back2Two Wed 31-Jul-13 09:23:37

It's funny how so many of us listen but don't really know what's been going on. I grew up with my mum listening and now I listen....not religiously but I love it if I happen to be around at the right time and sometimes I'll do the omnibus on iPlayer.

Even though it sort of bugs the hell out of me at the same time. I find it comforting I think.

HarlotOTara Wed 31-Jul-13 09:34:50

MrsDeVere I agree with every word you say, I spend most of my time shouting at the radio when the Archers is on. I started listening when my eldest dd was a baby 22 years ago (eek!) and I think it is awful at the moment.
Clarrie has lost countless brain cells since the actress change and I wish Tom's bloody pigs would eat him. I used to like Kenton until he got together with Jolene, they don't work IMO. The only character I like is Brian and even he needs a slap with a wt fish at times.

Lilian has become totally unbelievable since the beginning if the Paul storyline and Brookfield, Pip and the Dopey Duo deserve to fall in the slurry pit.

Anyway feel better for a rant!! anyone listen to Ambridge Extra? Half of it is in Russian

GrimmaTheNome Wed 31-Jul-13 09:40:29

Lottie - yeah... so we know which way the SWs will play it! wink

I've missed a few but I started to like Lillian again when she cancelled Matts access to the bank account. That's more like it, puss cat has claws!

LadyBigtoes Wed 31-Jul-13 10:58:27

The only characters I like are Linda Snell, and Brenda. Everyone else is vile and even Linda Snell is meant to be vile, but is actually fantastic.

My number one, top most deplorable Archers character though was Siobhan of "Brine" fame. I'm sorry she disappeared (and then died), I used to love hating her!

MrsDeVere Wed 31-Jul-13 13:44:20

harlot you are my kinda gal! grin

I can't forgive Pip for ruining the name Jude for me.
Juuuuuuuudddddde.

babybarrister Colombia Wed 31-Jul-13 14:09:32

Is it actually a new Clarrie as her voice seems much more yokel ...or has she been told to change?

GrimmaTheNome Wed 31-Jul-13 14:16:13

Clarrie changed a couple of months ago, but the actress is actually the person who played her before the last one. So she's a new old one grin.

StayAwayFromTheEdge Wed 31-Jul-13 14:36:59

I have just realised that I really don't like anyone in the show - except maybe Jill? And I've been listening since I was 5 (36 years!).

choccyp1g Portugal Wed 31-Jul-13 14:44:31

StayAway, Ian how can you not like Ian?
Though he too is overdue a total personality change to suit an unlikely plot-twist.

StayAwayFromTheEdge Wed 31-Jul-13 14:50:25

I forgot about Ian - I seem to go for the ones that can cook!

GrimmaTheNome Wed 31-Jul-13 14:52:37

Haven't heard much from Ian for a while - please can we have more of him? not Kathy

babybarrister Colombia Wed 31-Jul-13 20:57:12

Thanks for the clarification! I agree all of the characters v annoying at the moment ...even the youngsters - I don't want to know about Nicky's leg cramps -- unless she is going to ice the bucket as a fault of some hideous pregnancy tragedy--

babybarrister Colombia Wed 31-Jul-13 20:57:41

Should say kick the bucket!

HarlotOTara Wed 31-Jul-13 22:12:07

Nic makes me itch - how tedious was tonight's episode? I am sure the story lines have got worse in the last year, have they employed junior writers or something?

I think Pip, Tom and Helen (Hellqueen) are the worse - doesn't bode well for the next generation.

Tom is utterly boring - pork ready meals sound disgusting. I have never forgiven Helen for treating Hayley so badly after John died and I loathe Pip soo much. I can't understand how she was being such a cow and then suddenly becomes so (obnoxiously) pleasant - and why did no one berate her? I was so hoping she would fail her degree

MrsDeVere Wed 31-Jul-13 22:57:21

WHY are women who have had children treating a third time mother's cramp as if it is pre eclampsia?
Why don't they just tell her to eat a fecking banana hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now