Why is Lillian allowing this to happen?

(975 Posts)
PseudoBadger Wed 24-Apr-13 12:47:07

FFS Lil, he's just a bit on the side. If he pisses you off just bin him. Don't start sounding so downtrodden.

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 25-Jun-13 21:12:18

Oh, I do hope so, badger grin

ppeatfruit Tue 25-Jun-13 21:36:39

Yes grimma but Rob will buy it using a psuedonym acting for Brine because he wants to piss Tony off even more than he already has grin

ppeatfruit Tue 25-Jun-13 21:38:16

Rob will be dressed as a woman at the sale of course grin using the name Lilo Lil !!!!

tourdefrance Wed 26-Jun-13 06:41:10

Blimely ! We've strayed a bit OT !

PseudoBadger Wed 26-Jun-13 07:05:10

Well I was thinking since this has been my most successful thread ever that this could be the first of a series of Archers threads. Inaugural, if you will. The next one will of course be more catchily named and will continue to be pan-storyline.

WhatSheSaid Wed 26-Jun-13 07:18:37

I think MN should just rename the Radio Addicts section as Archers Addicts as virtually every thread is about the Archers...

Interesting that upthread someone said that we never heard anything about Grey Gables anymore, then we get an episode with Caroline and Oliver going into great detail about GG...maybe the scriptwriters are watching this thread...

PseudoBadger Wed 26-Jun-13 07:24:40

Someone said something most MN the other day, I'll have to try to remember it!

Somethingyesterday Wed 26-Jun-13 08:41:27

Maybe the SWs are watching this thread... If they are I wish we could have an answer to the following:

What was the POINT of the Paul story? Lilian had an affair. Matt paid Mickey to frighten the man. The man later died of a heart attack. But all of that could have happened if the man was nice, normal, not a lying manipulative so and so stalking his ex wife. There was no NEED, as far as we can see, for that particular back-story. No need for Eastenders. No need for us to meet his children... I am truly puzzled.

ppeatfruit Wed 26-Jun-13 08:42:47

A very good thread indeed psuedo if I may be allowed to say so; well done !!!

PseudoBadger Wed 26-Jun-13 09:10:30

<takes bow>

GrimmaTheNome Wed 26-Jun-13 09:13:26

well, something, there's no need for anything to happen in TA at all except farming. I suppose the rationale for that plot is to show that Matt is actually a nasty piece of work not just a bit dodgy. Thing is, most of us prefer a merely dodgy Tiger.

Lillian... there is only one thing MN can say to you ...LTB !!!

Somethingyesterday Wed 26-Jun-13 10:13:41

Grimma Perhaps I didn't put it very well -

1) We already know that Matt is pretty evil. He intimidated Alastair out of iirc forty thousand pounds, he went to prison for fraud etc etc.

2) Your rationale would have been equally potent if Paul had been nice. Unless there is more to come, the back story was a complete waste of time and energy

Sorry - dog with a bone!

WhatSheSaid

I think MN should just rename the Radio Addicts section as Archers Addicts as virtually every thread is about the Archers...

I concur
I will put your suggestion to the powers that be (but not sure many other HQers partake of borsetshire blue)

LilacBreastedRoller Wed 26-Jun-13 16:00:01

It needn't replace Radio Addicts -- we could have a topic called 'That new place off the Borchester bypass".

Somethingyesterday Wed 26-Jun-13 16:47:30

... Or "Tom Gabriel's Shed", or, simply, "NIGEL"....

All my Christmasses come at once!

BoreOfWhabylon Wed 26-Jun-13 17:03:51

Or "The Grundys and Their Oppressors" grin

PseudoBadger Wed 26-Jun-13 17:08:42

"My Llamas and other animals"

Somethingyesterday Wed 26-Jun-13 17:13:46

"Amwitch"..

Somethingyesterday Wed 26-Jun-13 17:14:44

Actually "Amwich"...

BoreOfWhabylon Wed 26-Jun-13 18:21:17

"Amwidge"

Bread

Am

Bread

(for followers of rosepettel's marvellous threads [grim])

Somethingyesterday Wed 26-Jun-13 18:36:25

Goodness! I tried twice and previewed twice and STILL GOT IT WRONG. And not even drunk. That's what comes of ROLFING when I should have been asleep.

Somethingyesterday Wed 26-Jun-13 18:38:36

&#127934;

StayAwayFromTheEdge Wed 26-Jun-13 19:01:27

Can anyone else see a new role for Brenda at GG? Or is that a bit too obvious?

Somethingyesterday Wed 26-Jun-13 19:10:13

🎾 Yay!

And evidently Pip to the mega d.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 26-Jun-13 19:19:55

Poor Lonely Cow. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now