Pip- shame it was only a minor bump

(66 Posts)
Gigondas Mon 22-Apr-13 19:13:46

Annoying entitled madam

Gigondas Fri 26-Apr-13 19:29:03

What's worse is I am in hospital and they were taking my blood pressure as I listened. It was high and I blame pip!

missmapp Fri 26-Apr-13 19:46:46

I was actually shouting at the radio!!!

Hopefully she will get her placement and disappear to Yorkshire, but I somehow doubt it.

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 26-Apr-13 21:58:16

Gigondas

What's worse is I am in hospital and they were taking my blood pressure as I listened. It was high and I blame pip!

Oh no!
I am sure mine shot up
A bigger bloody engine - who does she think she is? Pippa Middleton?!?!

MissFenella Fri 26-Apr-13 22:13:45

Please don't send her to Yorkshire..

My favourite has to be the easy repetition in which Ruth moos 'ooo Daveeedd I doon wanna mooke excuuuses fer hor, booooot...'

Waswondering Sat 27-Apr-13 12:23:09

Just caught up with this .... NO WAY would I have got away with speaking to my dad like that, after such a reasonable offer on their part.

Wise up, David and Ruth. Well, Ruth ..... Arrrrrggghhhh.

heronsfly Sun 28-Apr-13 07:49:49

Surely they cant let her get away with that sort of behaviour,and Roooooth was sticking up for her !

outtolunchagain Sun 28-Apr-13 11:28:49

She's not a teenager she is twenty,this story line is ridiculous

ppeatfruit Sun 28-Apr-13 11:33:38

Like a number of story lines ATM who TF is writing this?

notso Sun 28-Apr-13 11:59:21

My favourite has to be the easy repetition in which Ruth moos 'ooo Daveeedd I doon wanna mooke excuuuses fer hor, booooot...'

Just snorted tea at that!

Bea Sun 28-Apr-13 17:00:11

just caught up on Friday ep... shock at pip!

how on earth does she think she could behave like this?

am also very fed up with scriptwriters!!! they gave her an annoying stage with Juuuuude!
They're basically repeating it all again! Pip being a complete pain in the arse!!!

Argggghhhhh!

David and Ruth - chuck her out!!!!

ArtexMonkey Sun 28-Apr-13 18:34:05

In 20 years' time, all this repellent vileness will be forgotten and Pip will have undergone a miraculous personality transplant to emerge as the cosy central matriarch we're all supposed to root for.

missmapp Sun 28-Apr-13 19:21:25

Just like Roy then ( every seems to have forgotten his racist roots!)

ArtexMonkey Sun 28-Apr-13 19:36:43

Haaa, yes, exactly so, although he was usually referred to as 'Roy of the racists' in sadly defunct mustardland grin

seeker Sun 28-Apr-13 19:40:17

"In 20 years' time, all this repellent vileness will be forgotten and Pip will have undergone a miraculous personality transplant to emerge as the cosy central matriarch we're all supposed to root for."

20 years? 6 months, more like.

And what about Wolfgang and the TB?

ComposHat Sun 28-Apr-13 23:49:08

In 20 years' time, all this repellent vileness will be forgotten and Pip will have undergone a miraculous personality transplant to emerge as the cosy central matriarch we're all supposed to root for.

She is indeed Shula in waiting.

Shula was a right little raver in her day, if memory serves correctly.

ppeatfruit Mon 29-Apr-13 10:24:32

Yes seeker i haven't missed it then they've forgotten about Lindy's llamas?

HumphreyCobbler Mon 29-Apr-13 13:05:51

Oh my GOD I am listening to Friday's episode. It is giving me the RAGE. I really shouldn't be listening to this.

HumphreyCobbler Mon 29-Apr-13 13:20:16

Sunday's episode is worse! Ruth is going to give in...I think they should kick her out actually.

heronsfly Mon 29-Apr-13 14:12:13

I cant believe that any sane parent would behave like Rooooth after the way they were spoken too, unfortunately I agree with Humphrey that she will insist they finance Pips new car (with a bigger engine.).
i think the script writers have conveniently forgotten that they are supposed to be hard up after having to raise money for the new equipment thingy that we all wanted Pip pushed into ,and Rickyard is still empty.

ArtexMonkey Mon 29-Apr-13 14:22:04

I really really want them to call her bluff, but they won't. Just say 'well, perhaps you should get a place closer to yewni with your friends then'

She would have rent to pay, food to buy, clothes to wash and a p/t job to find. She'd soon wise up, but the SWs won't take pity on us that easily.

Surely she hasn't got many days of taught time left at uni before the summer break anyway? Don't they break up in like a month?

lottieandmia Mon 29-Apr-13 14:24:44

She's a bit of a whiner but I did feel a bit sorry for her when the awful boyfriend buggered off leaving her heartbroken.

lottieandmia Mon 29-Apr-13 14:29:14

Actually she reminds me of my ex-h's little sister, who at 20 insisted on having a university flat paid for by her parents, even though she actually already lived in the town with them and hardly used the flat hmm

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Apr-13 14:49:11

ppeatfruit

Yes seeker i haven't missed it then they've forgotten about Lindy's llamas?

Now, I heard something about the Bridge Farm cows needing a TB check - how far away from the Llamas are they? Because all that dosh was tooo tooo convenient and Pat and Tony just ARENT that lucky...

R4 Mon 29-Apr-13 15:12:01

Bridge Farm cows needing a TB check - how far away from the Llamas are they

I wondered that too. I even googled the village map blush. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem likely.

I am making no apologies for Pip, but David and Ruth do rather bring it on themselves. If she is supposed to be 'employed' on the farm then didn't they agree how many hours per week and do they not agree a shift at the beginning of the week? If David keeps suddenly dropping in a "can you help tomorrow" then that's never going to work.

ppeatfruit Mon 29-Apr-13 15:30:37

Well that's a thought Olivia grin I'm not so sure R4 and badgers (if you believe that they all carry TB grin) Can move about can't they? OOOH another problem for Pat and Tony, more emoting.

I agree about Pip BTW she's annoying but I don't know how far her yewni is from Brookfield. It'd be a difficult thing to combine it with helping on the farm anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now