Chris and Alice

(548 Posts)
Tallgiraffe Thu 21-Feb-13 19:51:41

Clearly DS' baths have meant I've missed more than I realised. Last time I heard from these 2 they were at it like rabbits every time I turned the radio on. Now she's moving to Canada? How did that happen?

orangina Wed 06-Mar-13 11:44:55

shock

50BalesOfHay Wed 06-Mar-13 11:49:59

Ohh R4 yes please to Willyum being biffed by a poacher. He gets on my nerves with his moaning

HumphreyCobbler Wed 06-Mar-13 12:03:32

I too thought it was a 'look what happens when selfish women chase the job of their dreams' story

anyone else tense up as soon as Chris moaned about what horse it was? Obviously going to go horribly wrong...

Willyum is the most annoying character ever and the actor cannot act either.

orangina Wed 06-Mar-13 12:49:47

Pip is more annoying that Willyum now (a shocker, but true!).... I cannot STAND her....

(need to get a life)

ppeatfruit Wed 06-Mar-13 12:57:12

orangina I couldn't agree more about Pip; the actress badly needs lessons in her chosen profession.

50BalesOfHay Wed 06-Mar-13 13:10:01

Pip and Willyum should get together. They could annoy each other

Songbird Wed 06-Mar-13 13:50:59

No-one in real life enunciates every 't' like Pip does, let alone 20 year olds!

HumphreyCobbler Wed 06-Mar-13 14:53:47

I keep wanting to yell "You would have to pay rent if you were living elsewhere you annoying cow" at Pip.

ppeatfruit Wed 06-Mar-13 16:59:54

But if you're working then aren't you paying rent in 'kind' that's what tied cottagers do or did (I'm not up on rural customs grin)

PseudoBadger Wed 06-Mar-13 17:11:48

But she's not pulling her weight, that's why they're pissed off - she keeps leaving everyone in the lurch.

ppeatfruit Wed 06-Mar-13 18:39:51

Yes she's having a 2nd teenage rebellion phase. They're going to kick her out or threaten to.

Tallgiraffe Wed 06-Mar-13 18:51:59

The first rebellion was bad enough, why does she need a second?!

HearMyRoar Wed 06-Mar-13 20:46:40

Teenagers of today, eh. One rebellion just isn't enough for 'em.

Pip is amazingly annoying and generally crap. Though to be fair my parents were terribly lax and barely expected to know where I was when I was 16 so I can sort of understand why she's a bit put out at having to text her every move to her parents at her age. I think they're going to tell her she has to live by their rules in their house and she'll go 'ok, I'll move out then'. Everyone will be in a good old flap then. Ruth will be beside herself grin

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 20:54:08

<LURK>

R4 Wed 06-Mar-13 21:36:38

I can sort of understand why she's a bit put out at having to text her every move to her parents at her age.

Hmm, not really. I told DD that she was an adult and didn't need my permission to go out but I would appreciate being kept vaguely in the loop about what she was up to. Firstly for logistics reasons eg was she at home for dinner tonight? And secondly it would be nice to know, if it was 2a.m. and she wasn't home, was that because she was stopping the night at someone's house or should I be worrying that she had been run over by a bus.
Not intrusiveness, just simple courtesy and communication. That would ruin a Drama storyline, though.grin

Waswondering Wed 06-Mar-13 21:53:27

Lurks in waiting room, pacing up and down, checking watch continually to see if Alice's weirdly routed flight will get back in time for ......

(Why on earth did she not camp at Vancouver airport to get the first pane back to London??? AFAIK they are fairly frequent, aren't they?! And it's not that far up the M40 to Ambridge, given Sunday's episode!)

choccyp1g Wed 06-Mar-13 22:08:44

I first assumed that Chris would make a complete recovery, just like Brian, Caroline, Adam, (and probably a few other comatose characters that I have forgotten...), but tonights episode sounded like they are killing him off.

After they telegraphed the plot on Sunday, "tragic news for Alice", I was pretty sure Chris was going to drown in Vomit, then was just waiting for the fatal kick yesterday.

Tallgiraffe Wed 06-Mar-13 22:46:14

I'm with R4 on this one. My younger sister was staying with us recently (bit older than Pip) and I was worried when she didn't text me that she was staying out overnight. Her battery had died so genuine excuse but I'd be pissed off in Ruth's shoes.

If they kill off Chris sad will Alice go or come back to keep the memories alive?

kohl Wed 06-Mar-13 23:03:34

Oh shit. They can't kill of Chris.

Can they?

kohl Wed 06-Mar-13 23:04:01

. off obvs

MrsTwgtwf Wed 06-Mar-13 23:07:31

WHAT HORSE WAS IT?

Sorry for shouting, but I need to know. Can't believe I missed the crucial episode. angry

NigellaTufnel Wed 06-Mar-13 23:11:14

Chris is the only really likeable one of the young lot. He's quietly chivalrous, but is supportive if Alice, the spoilt brat.

Why don't they sort out Willyum with a poacher's cosh to the head? Apart from Eddie once gently chiding him for being a total arse to Ed he never gets pulled up for being so horribly unpleasant.

You were left that money, you tosser!

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 23:14:11
MrsTwgtwf Wed 06-Mar-13 23:19:03

But I've never heard of Windermere Spar! What colour is he Who does he belong to?

I'm glad it wasn't Nigel/Freddie's horse.

R4 Wed 06-Mar-13 23:20:59

It was Windermere Star, apparently. And the plot summary on Listen Again definitely thinks that Freddie is partially to blame because he "dropped a bucket nearby and the commotion startled the horse".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now