Chris and Alice

(548 Posts)
Tallgiraffe Thu 21-Feb-13 19:51:41

Clearly DS' baths have meant I've missed more than I realised. Last time I heard from these 2 they were at it like rabbits every time I turned the radio on. Now she's moving to Canada? How did that happen?

ppeatfruit Thu 14-Mar-13 08:27:02

So is the nasty 'builder' man that drippy Darrell met at "holiday camp' hmm hmm is going to get him put back inside clink. I hate it when TA do "NASTY" as in Clive and this yuch man.

seeker Thu 14-Mar-13 09:21:53

He could still die, though? <hopeful>

ThatBintAgain Thu 14-Mar-13 09:51:30

Did I miss something - who's been blaming Alice for the accident? Chris was petulant and negligent, I hope he shuffles off shortly!

ThatBintAgain Thu 14-Mar-13 09:52:08

(Ed sounded a bit sheepish about it, but I don't remember hearing anyone saying anything?)

seeker Thu 14-Mar-13 09:52:47

I wondered about that too. Maybe somebody's been reading mumsnet?

choccyp1g Thu 14-Mar-13 09:57:07

They did say that the accident happened because he was tired and hungover, and cut corners, (didn't want for the tranquilizer to take effect).
No one said it was Alice's fault, but of course we only heard about 30seconds of what could have been an 2 hour conversation.

ThatBintAgain Thu 14-Mar-13 09:57:19

grin I like to think so...

TallGiraffe Thu 14-Mar-13 20:39:41

Olivia tonight's episode was made with you in mind (hope it can make you smile amidst current worries about your godson). Go Kirsty go!

So Chris can speak, but we haven't heard him ourselves - why aren't we hearing bedside Alice? hmm

RocknRollNerd Fri 15-Mar-13 17:36:00

Is it bad that I'm still kind of hoping for Chris to have a tragic relapse and end up deaded?

I'm detecting the rumblings of some Ed vs Helen antagonism beginning - is anyone else.

I thought Kirsty did splendidly last night, I might have to extend my girl-crush list to include fictional radio characters if she keeps going like this.

HearMyRoar Fri 15-Mar-13 17:54:56

What happened with kirsty? Dd decided sleep was for losers last night so I missed it. Is she still with Ifty?

TallGiraffe Fri 15-Mar-13 18:13:19

No, they split leaving the Ifty-Lizzie path clear. She had a go at Tom, saying that he was going to lose Brenda if he didn't shut up about sausages.

MrsDeVere Fri 15-Mar-13 18:43:52

'not every sentence has to have a sausage in it'

That made me properly snort this afternoon. Good girl! Just saying what we have all been thinking!

MrsDeVere Fri 15-Mar-13 18:45:52

bit hmm that the shorthand for 'nasty lickle wide bwoy' is an estuary accent again

Some of use suvveners are quite naice.

(unless I remembered that all wrongly and the bad'un didn't sound like Alfie off that Eastenders)

MrsTwgtwf Fri 15-Mar-13 20:11:53

Yy, MrsDV, "'not every sentence has to have a sausage in it'" - fab.

R4 Fri 15-Mar-13 20:15:58

shorthand for 'nasty lickle wide bwoy' is an estuary accent again

It's probably one of those things that you notice when you are on the receiving end.
We up here are equally hmm that in media-land a Brummie/midlands accent is usually shorthand for 'thick as two short planks'.

HearMyRoar Fri 15-Mar-13 23:19:18

Ah, I was wondering about that.

Sorry I missed the tom bashing session. Must get some pom poms to wave and catch the omnibus on sunday.

CuttedUpPear Sat 16-Mar-13 17:19:02

R4 I'm a brummie too

<vair intelligent>

NigellaTufnel Sat 16-Mar-13 19:31:58

And Alice is still considering job....

ppeatfruit Sun 17-Mar-13 13:56:05

Alice has got the effing job so what happens now? though sub plot with stupid Darrell may well send me screaming away from TA for good hmm

MissMilliment Sun 17-Mar-13 14:19:04

Me too, ppeatfruit - I can't stand these story lines with cardboard cutout villains and dilemmas you can see coming a mile off. Almost as annoying as when one character has something Really Urgent And Important to tell another character, but the other person keeps interrupting or getting distracted so character 1 doesn't tell them.

In real life character 1 would just ask them to shut up as they had something Urgent And Important to tell them

I like the way everyone is giving Tom a hard time about his sausage obsession though grin

ppeatfruit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:40:11

Yes exactly MissMilliment Though I almost feel sorry for Tom he's only trying to make a go of things. grin Ref. his 'future proofing' TA SWs don't seem to have heard of the problems with ready meals/foods yet do they?

ArtexMonkey Sun 17-Mar-13 15:57:16

"Me too, ppeatfruit - I can't stand these story lines with cardboard cutout villains and dilemmas you can see coming a mile off. Almost as annoying as when one character has something Really Urgent And Important to tell another character, but the other person keeps interrupting or getting distracted so character 1 doesn't tell them. "

^^ yes to this, TA is dreadful for it. Derrrrr Darryl, why, just why would you do this? It's going to be dogfighting isn't it?

CuttedUpPear Sun 17-Mar-13 17:10:52

YY to this ^ from me as well!

Cardboard cut out characters grin

heronsfly Sun 17-Mar-13 17:20:37

Now Chris is being moved from intensive care and Alice is promising to take care of him forever, at least until she starts new job in Canada.I would like to know what's going to happen to his detached rib cage, is it just going to magically reattach itself, or will he return to the operating theatre ? .

TallGiraffe Sun 17-Mar-13 18:18:34

Ppeat - there was a shoe in line from Helen about the horse scandal the other day, but it was one of those added in after the rest of the episode lines, like they do occasionally when big farming stories are in the news.

Yy to stupid Darryl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now