Where has the real Clarrie gone?

(11 Posts)
Sinkingfeeling Sun 10-Feb-13 23:38:34

Has she been bumped off by Joe and Eddie? Who is this imposter? Come back, real Clarrie, all is forgiven!

Sinkingfeeling Sun 10-Feb-13 23:40:12

She sounds just like Pam Ayres!

dontagreewithit Sun 10-Feb-13 23:57:18

She's left to do something else (can't remember the details, sorry).

This "new" Clarrie is actually the original one back after 30 years. I do agree that she sounded like Pam Ayres & didn't like all the 'dialect' she was using; "we'm trying so hard"'(or something like that's)

mummytime Mon 11-Feb-13 11:47:12

Clarrie III is a full time academic, Psychology I think. I'm amazed she juggled that and family life, so long.

NotALondoner Mon 11-Feb-13 11:56:33

I thought Susan was the academic?

Old clarrie resigned to spend more time with her family, new clarrie is the original one who was sacked for wanting to go to a cast members funeral.

OldBeanbagz Mon 11-Feb-13 11:57:13

Don't like the sound of the new Clarrie at all and agree with the other posters who thought she sounded like Pam Ayres.

Bring back the real Clarrie!

lottiegarbanzo Mon 11-Feb-13 11:59:50

Really? Must listen.

I thought the 'old' Clarrie sounded wrong when she started, much harsher than the previous one (that actress had died as a result of PND, v sad).

grants1000 Mon 11-Feb-13 12:29:32

So who was the ecoli bridge farm one? The new old one? Or the old old one?

Lottie - really, how sad, when was that?

lottiegarbanzo Mon 11-Feb-13 12:55:31

Oh, about 20 years ago, maybe even more. In fact i think i was a child / teen as i didn't really understand that it was possible.

I've always thought the current / old one sounded a bit wrong, though i've warmed to her. Sounds like she must just have left in the last week or two.

NetworkGuy Wed 13-Feb-13 17:30:45

Thanks for the heads up. I did think the 'dialect' had become somewhat strange of late and hadn't known of any behind the scenes changes, but also had not had a regular listen, so it seemed all the more 'odd'.

ppeatfruit Sun 17-Feb-13 13:09:46

I LIKE the returned original Clarrie (it's good they've given her back the job) grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now