Usha and Amy - what happened?

(10 Posts)
bigbadbarry Fri 01-Feb-13 14:24:32

I took my eye off the ball for a month or so last year, thinking I hadn't missed anything critical. Usha and Amy were at each other's throats...clearly now they are not, can anybody fill me in? Hope it isn't anything as dull as deciding to get on for ALan's sake and that there was some dramatic occurrence <deluded>

Songbird Fri 01-Feb-13 14:30:23

The usual, it was just never spoken of again! I think Amy might have apologised to Usha but can't precisely remember. I have missed the odd one, but AFAIK we've heard NOTHING from Amy since the stalking Carl thing, until Vickoi had her baby.

bigbadbarry Fri 01-Feb-13 14:53:29

I was catching up with January's omnibuses this morning and they were having a very civil conversation though I have absolutely no memory what it was about! I haven't got to Bethany's birth yet so it wasn't that. I was just surprised because last time I heard Amy she was muttering that caah through gritted teeth (or midlands equivalent) every time Usha came in the room.

GrendelsMum Fri 01-Feb-13 15:48:30

Something happened that made Amy realise that she was treating Usha badly, but I can't for the life of me remember what. I think it might have been when she tracked the bloke down and he laughed in her face.

GrendelsMum Fri 01-Feb-13 15:53:15

I just checked. It was when she was staying with Alice and Chris after the bloke laughed in her face and she realised that she had indeed been willing to break up a marriage (which was what she thought Usha had accused her of). So she just sort of shuffled up to Usha and apologised and Usha said 'don't mention it'.

bigbadbarry Fri 01-Feb-13 15:53:19

Oh I wish I had heard that - last bit I heard was her mooning abut how he really loved her!

GrendelsMum Fri 01-Feb-13 16:05:37

Amy tracked him down at work to tell him that he could leave his wife and be with her instead (with Alice waiting round the corner in a car to pick up the pieces) and he told her that she must have been deluded - he would never leave an attractive, sophisticated wealthy lawyer like his wife for a midwife whose father was a vicar.

bigbadbarry Fri 01-Feb-13 16:17:03

I'd have enjoyed that episode smile So then home and all happy families again. And so it goes on.

GrendelsMum Fri 01-Feb-13 17:05:08

When Amy went to apologise to Usha (I think it was at Usha's birthday party), Ruth was in the background hissing "Are you going to let her get away with that? Don't take it from her, the little cow*. Tell her she's not welcome at the party." and so on, which was pleasingly dramatic.

* except presumably 'cow' would be a compliment from Ruth

bigbadbarry Fri 01-Feb-13 17:09:09

grin @ cow compliment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now