Radio 4 George Orwell programmes

(9 Posts)
Davros England Sat 09-Mar-13 21:32:15

Ooh, might try that on Iplayer then

twojumpingbeans Wed 06-Mar-13 09:52:10

I thought the adaptation of 1984 with Christopher Eccleston as Winston Smith was wonderful. 'We are the dead'... 'You are the dead' was utterly spine chilling.

NetworkGuy Wed 13-Feb-13 17:37:21

Although in theory I should be interested, think the promotional trailers have drained me (like the poet laureate's voice on about Valentine's Day, has made me switch R4 off most of this week)... No, I won't be listening to any of this.

drmummmsy Fri 08-Feb-13 13:50:46

bit late to the party!

listening to 'down and out' - good commentary on social class/poverty and still very relevant to current social welfare changes

sittinginthesun Mon 28-Jan-13 21:18:10

I missed it (at work), so I think I'm going to have to catch up oniplayer this week. Book at bedtime starts tonight.

Davros England Mon 28-Jan-13 21:01:46

Heard part of the Burma one today but had to switch off during elephant shooting. Good programme on this morning at 9am, assume it was Start The Week?

sittinginthesun Sun 27-Jan-13 17:26:19

The first biographical episode was on this afternoon - enjoyed it. Good radio to iron by. smile

Davros England Fri 25-Jan-13 23:37:04

I might listen to the biographical programme(s) but not a fan of the fiction writing. They are discussing it now on the Revuew Show BBC2. Great casts in the fiction though

sittinginthesun Fri 25-Jan-13 22:14:26

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pyz0z/features/about

Anyone else planning on listening?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now