Mike Harding has been sacked

(48 Posts)
ThreadWatcher Thu 18-Oct-12 22:54:18

Because his show isnt live - that appears to be the only reason

Guardian link

Nooooooooooo bring back Mike cos I love his show sad

GrendelsMum Fri 19-Oct-12 19:29:16

Mike Harding's been sacked? But who's going to play his music? Pah.

ThreadWatcher Fri 19-Oct-12 21:26:11

Im still harrumphing over this so for those who are also harrumphing

Daily Mail link

- where he says he hasnt had a pay rise in 15 years so it surely cant be a financial issue - and he isnt J Savile or J Ross

DorsetKnob Fri 19-Oct-12 21:29:27

Graham Norton pre records.

I knwo Tony Blackburn is live but whoever did pop-pickers pre Tony was always pre-recorded.

ThreadWatcher Fri 19-Oct-12 21:39:21

So Radio2 is swamped with pre recorded programmes but its Mike Harding that gets the heave ho

sad

...and bloody Steve 'Love the show' gets to stay sad
It's all wrong

DorsetKnob Fri 19-Oct-12 21:45:24

I hate 'Steve love the show' always lisetn to R4 of Five Live at that point.

Pancakeflipper Sat 20-Oct-12 07:40:14

Graham isn't live? Huh that's my Saturday morning spoilt.

I would love to see the viewing figures for 'Steve love the show'. I bet they drop between Jeremy and Simon. Ed Byrne did his show this week and it was brill.

mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Sat 20-Oct-12 07:52:58

Does anyone know how we/I can complain about this?

apprenticeboy Sat 20-Oct-12 08:46:03

How do you know if a show is pre recorded or not?

I'm sad for mike but glad radcliffe is coming back to 2.

NotMostPeople Sat 20-Oct-12 08:49:30

Right now I'd question any random BBC firings.

DameMargotFountain Sat 20-Oct-12 08:54:05

DH and I were talking about this other night - Mike Harding IS folk music, and will miss him as well.

I'm not sure about Mark Radcliffe, I loved his show on 6, but recently he's been quite disparaging towards some of his phone-in guests, especially young female ones hmm

Pancakeflipper Sat 20-Oct-12 09:15:00

I like Mark Radcliffe but I think sometimes his mood influences the tone of the show.

If there was anything other reasons for Hardy leaving in light of other issues at the Beeb, I would think Hardy would slink off very quietly and not be doing stuff in the Guardian.

DameMargotFountain Sat 20-Oct-12 09:16:56

glad it's not just me that notices Radcliffe's moods then grin

ThreadWatcher Sat 20-Oct-12 13:07:23

Notmost - a friend has suggested that re apparently random firings
But I agree with pancake, if I had something to hide I wouldnt be willing to be photographed for all the national newspapers!

Im sticking with my "I love Mike" mantra unless I have a definate reason to think otherwise!

mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Sat 20-Oct-12 18:04:45

Firied off my first bbc complaint re hardy .feel the way it happened was underhand.defender of ex folk presenters everywhere!

Pancakeflipper Sat 20-Oct-12 18:40:15

I reckon Radcliffe clicked his trendy hip young er than Hardy folky fingers and said "ahem Radio 2, I want to come to play at at your station."

And they chucked Mike over board and Radcliffe in a cheery mood skipped in.

bacon Sat 20-Oct-12 22:35:36

What about the sh*t - sounds of the 60's on a Saturday morning that cant be live, its beyond dreadful talk about banging on about todays music my toes are curling at the utter crud this man is playing. I dive to change this over to Heart cos thats the only other chanel I can bear. Beyond dreadful.

mayihaveaboxofchoculaits Tue 23-Oct-12 15:23:54

Complained to BBC, and got standard response e-mail, saying Mike Harding will have another show in 2013, and how wonderful Radcliffe is. Didnt expect much ,so a reply is nice. I guess the new MH show will be 12.45am , on radio wherever.hmm

choccyp1g Sat 27-Oct-12 21:05:58

I love Mike Harding's show because he plays good stuff, and
I love recorded shows, they don't have a load of rubbishy talk and chat and phonecalls and emails and tweets being read out instead of the music.

NetworkGuy Mon 29-Oct-12 13:44:53

ayihaveaboxofchoculaits - "Does anyone know how we/I can complain about this?"

R4 "Feedback" covers all BBC Radio so that's an obvious place.

A question about why Mike Harding has been fired, with a supplementary of "and if it's because his show is pre-recorded, are there any other shows on R2 which are pre-recorded and why was his singled out" might be worthwhile to get Roger Bolton and team to consider the question with more significance.

ThreadWatcher Mon 29-Oct-12 13:57:17

Network -contacting roger Bolton is a fantastic idea. I'm on the case!

I try to catch up with feedback on the I player - I haven't listened for a couple of weeks so maybe it's been talked about already?

ThreadWatcher Mon 29-Oct-12 22:59:45

Job done! email to feedback show asking to know the % of prerecorded shows on Radio 2 and why his much loved show has been ditched.

ThreadWatcher Thu 01-Nov-12 19:40:28

And now Danny Baker ditched from his BBClondon shows bbcnews

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now