And my next Archers rant will be...

(58 Posts)
DuaneDibbley Sat 29-Sep-12 09:46:50

WTF have they done to Fallon??! What a simpering, desperate, insecure 'girl' they've turned her into AND now they're going to land her with boring as sin Rhys angry

heronsfly Mon 08-Oct-12 17:49:56

Very true Greenshadow, I had forgotten that it was not on the normal Archers episodes, I am still hoping though grin

ppeatfruit Tue 09-Oct-12 08:45:23

"it was only on Amex" !!!grin grin an amex baby !

Songbird Tue 09-Oct-12 10:30:05

What happens on AmEx stays on AmEx!

GrendelsMum Tue 09-Oct-12 15:31:11

Imagine if Fallon had a baby that was only referred to on Amex. The rest of the time people would just say things like 'no, Fallon's got her hands full and can't work behind the bar at the moment'.

Mrskbpw Tue 09-Oct-12 15:37:21

As well as being a devoted dad in real life is Jazzer actually Scottish? I am Scottish (and indeed have been all my life), and I've never met anyone who talks like him. It sounds like the equivalent of when English actors get voice coaching before they're allowed to be English on American dramas.

daimbardiva Tue 09-Oct-12 15:42:39

I am so glad I stumbled on this thread - it was really bugging me that I'd missed Harry leaving and had no idea where he'd gone to!!

Has just taken me a while to work out what AmEx is too..I'm so behind the times!!

Songbird Tue 09-Oct-12 16:33:58

'Kelly was born in Glasgow, but moved to the Midlands at the age of three.' according to Wikipedia

ppeatfruit Tue 09-Oct-12 16:42:37

They'd call her baby Ami !

seeker Tue 09-Oct-12 16:45:06

Dis you know the actor who plays Jazzer is blind?

ppeatfruit Tue 09-Oct-12 16:53:48

No I didn't Seeker that's good! He plays a sighted role which is interesting.

ppeatfruit Tue 09-Oct-12 16:55:12

I'm assuming that because I've never heard anyone referring to him being blind on TA.

seeker Tue 09-Oct-12 17:21:57

I know- I didn't know until I just googled
Him. I hope Jazzer's sighted- he did drive the van
To Scotland!

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 21-Oct-12 15:38:33

Only just seen this thread , roar at one milkman short of a float!
What about Kirsty's birdwatching/naturewatch chap? Patrick was it?

seeker Mon 22-Oct-12 10:24:30

Patrick! What happened to him? And how come Kirsty and Ifty have suddenly become annitem? And where's Amy?

lalalonglegs Mon 22-Oct-12 11:17:06

Grrrr - had to spend a lot of time driving around yesterday and was trapped with accompanied by the Archers omnibus, which seemed to be entirely about whether Fallon and Kenton could/should job-swap. After about half an hour, the husband (whom I blame for first introducing me to the Archers but who has now detoxed and been clean for several years), just started yelling: "This is SOOOOO boring. How can anyone possibly listen to this shit? Why would anyone be interested in this drivel?" I'm so used to it inducing a state of semi-consciousness, I hadn't quite grasped how truly vapid it can be blush. Last week's episodes were real shockers in terms of scriptwriting.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Oct-12 11:41:20

grin @ your DH's Ambridge detox.

Songbird Thu 25-Oct-12 10:10:57

Well, I like Rhys. There, I said it! I actually find Fallon pretty boring at the moment so they're well matched!

seeker Thu 25-Oct-12 10:13:22

How long is it going to take Kenton to run the Bull into the ground? Or has he had a personality transplant into responsible, sober citizen, like Ed. And Jazzer. And Jamie.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 25-Oct-12 12:46:21

Rhys has a lovely voice
But zero personality.

Songbird Thu 25-Oct-12 13:59:46

Yeah but the ones with 'personality' are shits! Rhys is sweet, he's been supportive of Fallon and he's funny(ish). He's also a relatively new main-ish character so he's a fairly blank canvas and should be easy to make more interesting (without being a twonk).

Songbird Thu 25-Oct-12 14:00:36

[feels a shiver of excitement at disagreeing with Mumsnet!]

GrimmaTheNome Thu 25-Oct-12 14:10:32

I've missed a few - how on earth did Paul end up being with Lillian at the hospital after her whinging idiot son got hurt (I don't care how that happened. He's a complete tosser.)

Jazzer's being nice to old people seems to usually have a self-interested angle to it - manipulating Christine into a bed for the night and all the food in her house, then on to Jim (I rather like that odd-couple pairing of mavericks)

Songbird Thu 25-Oct-12 14:28:40

I LOVE Jim and Jazzer living together! Just love it!!

The Paul thing came about because Matt wouldn't go to support Lillian at the hospital and in a complete panic (she also couldn't get hold of Jenny-darling) she rang Paul and he leapt to her side sigh. I know James is an idiot and Matt quite rightfully said he was probably laying it on a bit thick, but Lillian wanted him there and that was the important thing. And when she got home you could hear he was sitting there watching the telly, and not 'bust with work' as he claimed. I totally despise Matt, cannot see ANY redeeming side to his character at all. All that pusscat shite makes me vom.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 25-Oct-12 15:10:06

I guessed it must have been something like that, but ringing paul out of the blue seems too much of a stretch... dodgy plot device.

Songbird Thu 25-Oct-12 16:03:46

Yes I thought that. Clumsy setting up of an affair (or another almost-affair).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now