Start the Week ,Story telling do we still do it ?.

(4 Posts)
Scuttlebug Sun 30-Sep-12 23:32:55

I've just returned from holiday with my 2 yo dd and as we didn't take any books with us (meant to buy some at airport but ran out of time) I took to making up stories and it was excellent fun! She really enjoyed them and I did too, I mean to do it more now and not just rely on library books etc. favourite stories seemed to centre about dd and one in particular involved a hidden den in the house where all her toys hung out when she wasn't playing with them ( a kind of toy lounge). I'm def not the next JK Rowling alas but give it a go!

Quenelle Fri 28-Sep-12 14:43:14

Our son is 3 and has always loved books at bedtime. Recently though he has preferred made-up stories starring Himself in a range of exciting scenarios.

DH and I have both owned up to, when inspiration has been lacking at the end of a particularly tough day and DS is asking for story #3, recycling plots from films and TV shows. More often than not, though, we tell stories of DS riding a rocket around the planets, being taught to ride a horse by a cowboy, accompanying a lost Father Christmas round the world on his sleigh...that sort of thing.

OliviaPeaceAndLoveMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Sep-12 21:15:20

Hi Anna
I didn't hear that
Bumping for you though.
My granny used to do this for me but this is 30 odd years ago.
My mum certainly never did
Wonder if I should though.
Nice idea.

annaofthefivetowns Wed 26-Sep-12 12:33:06

Sarah Maitland said mothers still tell storys to their children , made me wonder how many people out there make their stories up rather than read from books at bedtime. ? What type of stories are they ???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now