New Archers storyline -Vicky?

(158 Posts)
katieskids Thu 21-Jun-12 19:49:11

Does anyone else think the SW have got something up their sleeve for Vicky? Twice now she's mentioned how tired she is and last night she didn't make the committee meeting as she fell asleep.

Acekicker Fri 27-Jul-12 15:39:23

Yes - I think that's what I was getting at, the reality of life in SA is a mix of a lifestyle UK folk would recognise as normal day to day life but with very real violence and crime on a scale we just don't tend to get over here. To me it makes sense to have both in the AmEx storyline and I get the feeling they've used AmEx as much more 'drama' to contrast with The Archers, although that of course is going out of the window now that TA is full of high drama too sad. At least this AmEx run is more plausible than harlots and loansharks...plus it comes with the exquisite delight which is seeing people realise what a selfish PITA Kate is!

ppeatfruit Fri 27-Jul-12 15:46:18

Yes and she had an unusual moment of self knowledge too didn't she?

EverybodysDoeEyed Fri 27-Jul-12 16:46:26

It's just all a bit contrived. We need to bring Kate back. Something needs to happen to Lucas for that to happen. Oh I know, they are in sa where all the taxi drivers are crazy (remember the horrible murder in cape town) so lets bump him off that way.

Anyway, after her experience I'm not sure how a vicky pregnancy would play out. It's just like they've thought of too many exciting plots and can't decide which one to use so have used them all at the same time. I'm just finding it a bit much!!

I need a good storyline about milk prices!

EverybodysDoeEyed Fri 27-Jul-12 17:09:17

Of course it could be a menopause storyline and phoebes was just watching a scary art house project with lucas

Ponders Fri 27-Jul-12 19:05:28

O
M
G

she is, isn't she????

shock

EverybodysDoeEyed Fri 27-Jul-12 19:17:00

Well on the plus side, at least it sounds like Lucas made it!!

ppeatfruit Sat 28-Jul-12 09:22:57

I'm waiting till the omnibus for her heart to heart with Linda DON"T TELL ME!!!!!! Unless nothing was concluded last night them S.W.s want shooting !!A thought; Vicky does'nt have any closer friends at work or wherever to have a heart to heart with???

OhDoAdmitMrsDeVere Sun 29-Jul-12 10:40:29

May I just interject?
Ok
Is that a new Joelene?

DowagersHump Sun 29-Jul-12 11:07:51

I wondered that too MrsDV.

Brenda is being weirdly nice about the pg. I'm quite pleased - I've quite warmed to Vicky of late blush

Panzee Sun 29-Jul-12 11:10:41

A fairly obvious route, but I called it ages ago! <preens>

OhDoAdmitMrsDeVere Sun 29-Jul-12 11:49:45

Just caught up with both.
Awwww bless her I hope they allow her to have a nice pg and a lovely baby.
I never liked Kate. She has got away with being a self centred cow all her life with only the ocassional 'oh daaaaaarling' by way of remonstration.
All that toss about always thinking about everyone else hmm

OhDoAdmitMrsDeVere Sun 29-Jul-12 11:50:36

I love vicky. She has a good heart and probably looks a bit like me grin

ppeatfruit Sun 29-Jul-12 14:33:00

yes I like Vicky too even with her £500 cradle grin

ppeatfruit Sun 29-Jul-12 14:34:01

What's the betting she'll have the baby?

ciderpenguin Sun 29-Jul-12 22:11:20

Surely she'll have the baby - has TA done abortion before. Can't imagine Mike suggesting anything she doesn't want to do.

All we need now is for Brenda to be up the duff at the same time!

Ponders Sun 29-Jul-12 22:14:26

I have a nasty feeling that Mike will be pleased (after the initial shock) & they will get excited & then she'll have a m/c sad

hope I'm wrong though!

Ponders Sun 29-Jul-12 22:16:16

cider, they did do abortion once, when Elizabeth was pregnant by that cad who buggered off out of the gents' window

(that was when Shula was ttc & she offered to adopt the baby but E just went off & did it. was very fraught)

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sun 29-Jul-12 22:30:23

And again 2 years ago when Greg's daughter turned up from France and was seduced by Helen's love rat boyfriend.

Ponders Sun 29-Jul-12 22:38:58

oh yes! I had forgotten all about that!

too many love rats in TA to be feasible really grin

Ponders Sun 29-Jul-12 22:44:00

Nancy Banks-Smith on Leon

& with a ref at the bottom to dear old Jude - is he the most recent love rat? Apart from Kate's shag on Amex?

I get confused easily confused

OhDoAdmitMrsDeVere Sun 29-Jul-12 22:47:48

Whenever abortion looms in the Archers there is always a deranged female desperate to take the baby and raise it as her own.

The Archers script writers do like a woman deranged by broodiness hmm

DowagersHump Sun 29-Jul-12 22:56:46

Have we had a miscarriage in Ambridge yet?

ppeatfruit Mon 30-Jul-12 10:45:23

That's a funny article ponders I like NBS. If my, not that extraordinary, life is anything to go by there aren't ENOUGH love rats in TA grin

Ponders Mon 30-Jul-12 11:24:12

I adore NBS, pp smile

A month in Ambridge seems to be all she does these days, & that not all the time - she is quite old now, it's a shame, she is one of those people who should be allowed to live forever

ivykaty44 Mon 30-Jul-12 11:25:17

Phoebe is returning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now