Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best pushchair for travelling?

(34 Posts)
HerMomminess Tue 29-Sep-09 11:13:32

Hi there, We' ll be travelling long haul to a hot country with a 3 month old baby. My Mamas*Papas skate is way too big to take with.

Which pushchair would you guys recommend for travelling eg airpoirt/ while on hol etc. I' ve been looking at the baby mini city jogger. Not cheap though!

Cheers!

onadietcokebreak Fri 08-Oct-10 01:58:50

Baby jogger city mini....fab, fab, fab

Try boots.com There is a 10% discount code SHPE48 (if you are in parenting club) Which makes it about £162 plus you get £25 of points back!

LovestheChaos Fri 08-Oct-10 07:04:13

The last time I flew internationally I took my Phil and Teds a long with the doubles kit. We used it in the airport and didn't have to check it in. When we got to the gate the put it somewhere on the plane. And when we got off the plane they handed it back to us before we got to immigration.

margaretelkins Mon 04-Nov-13 16:54:40

Hi, travelling to Costa Ricco. In January, does anyone know if car hire companies supply car seat for under I year

margaretelkins Mon 04-Nov-13 17:00:15

Hi travelling to Costa Rica in Jan does anyone know if the car hire companies provide car seats for under1 year, it seems obvious but I have been in country's before where it was difficult to get hold of one.

cupoftchai Mon 04-Nov-13 22:18:00

hello you should repost your question as a new thread as I don't think many people will see it here. I reckon you should just bring your own car seat, it'll be only the small infant carrier one, yes? And i hear car hire seats often poor quality. we got to take 2 items of baby kit free on plane anytime we've flown and have always gone for buggy and car seat.

margaretelkins Tue 05-Nov-13 12:07:28

Hi I am travelling to Costa Rica in Jan with10 month baby, has anyone got any tips. Eg has anyone hired a car there ? Do they have child seats readily available?

homeaway Wed 06-Nov-13 15:37:36

I think you would have to check with the car hire company and I dont know whether they would meet the European safety standards so you might want to try and take your own?
As Cup says you should start a new thread that will get more traffic.

KLmummabear Fri 18-Apr-14 12:03:48

Look at babyzen yoyo. Has newborn attachment, reclines and can fold/open & steer with one hand. Is hand luggage size and has a shoulder carry strap, big enough for 4 year olds. We've invested for regular air travel
After people in our expat community have been raving over them. Happy hols!

Aomlette Mon 13-Oct-14 14:46:23

What's a "DD"?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now