Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

BJCMGT vs BabyZen Yoyo+ vs ??

(5 Posts)
Bisquick Wed 23-Nov-16 16:21:32

Hello,

We're expecting DC1 in February and I'm trying to find a pushchair/pram solution that works for us + doesn't break the bank.

Mostly I expect to use it from birth, on public transport (we don't drive/own a car), but occasionally on days out I'd like to have the flexibility to go out on the bus/tube but take a taxi or Uber back home.

I know most car seats have a short time window that they're recommended for, so planning to get a Kiddy Evolution Pro 2 car seat - this has a lie-flat option so can be used longer.

I would like a pushchair that can also be used from birth, is car-seat compatible, has a parent facing mode, and is generally comfortable while being easy to manage on London transport.

Thought about the Bee that everyone recommends, but it feels a bit heavy for me when I tried it in the store. Was debating between the BJCMGT (but no parent facing option, and not sure if lie-flat stroller is actually that comfy for newborns), and the BabyZen YOYO+ (has parent facing option with newborn nest).

Anyone used these two and have an opinion? Or any suggestions for other models I should be considering?

Thanks in advance!

TimeForCakeAgain Wed 23-Nov-16 16:39:01

I have the YOYO but got it when DD was about 4.5 months so didn't have the newborn nest. I live in London and use it on bus/tube and sometimes take it in the car. I love it!
Pros:
Really light. I can carry it down stairs on the tube myself when needed and when strangers have offered me a hand they have commented.
Folds up really small. We took it as plane hand luggage so no need to stress about it getting damaged or having a second one for travelling. Also have put it on luggage racks or under the table in restaurants when there is a lack of space.
Easy to push one handed, useful when shopping or holding an umbrella. Handles really well, goes up kerbs fine etc. Nice tall handle.
Slim so easily fits on the bus next to massive prams(!), takes up less space in our flat
Looks stylish!
Cons:
It is a city pram, it's not so good on rough terrain as the wheels are small and slim.
Once they are out the newborn nest it is forward facing only, but I found all comparable lightweight ones were. There is a plastic window to look through to see them.

I'm not sure what you mean about being car seat compatible? I don't think you can attach a car seat to it but I don't think you can to most lightweight smaller prams. I might be wrong though. Personally this isn't a problem, I just book a minicab and seat when needed.

Don't know anything about the BJ to compare it to.

TimeForCakeAgain Wed 23-Nov-16 16:44:20

Oops just seen you can get car seat adapters, so ignore that part!

Bisquick Sat 26-Nov-16 00:23:07

Thanks TimeForCake! Tried a bunch of them out in the store and went for the BabyZen Yoyo+ in the end!

CakeTimeAgain Sat 26-Nov-16 08:00:16

Still me (playing around with my username). Glad you made your decision and hope you like it when the baby comes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now