Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Lightweight stroller with big seat & big basket

(9 Posts)
Yeeyeelovesraaraa Sun 20-Nov-16 15:35:50

Hi I'm looking to downsize from our vista now dd is 2 & want a lightweight stroller which has a big seat & folds relatively compact but also has a decent size basket underneath. Realise I may be asking the impossible but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!

Florathefern Sun 20-Nov-16 15:45:41

Bugaboo bee appears to have a big seat?

I use a MacClaren XLR (I think) as a boot buggy. The basket is big but can be hard to access sometimes but it is doable. Having had a Bug Donkey, an inline double which I can't remember the name of, a chameleon and now down to just the McClaren, it is super portable. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Florathefern Sun 20-Nov-16 16:17:07

* just reread that and apologies for the terrible typing. Trying to do too many things at once!

PotteringAlong Sun 20-Nov-16 16:22:03

Petit star zia

Yeeyeelovesraaraa Sun 20-Nov-16 17:22:01

Thankyou. I have a maclaren quest sport at mo - size wise & weight its great but basket is teeny, it tips up every time you hang anything on it & dd gets out, & its not the best to push. Been looking all over but really struggling to find one that ticks all boxes.

BJCMGT perfect in evety way except too heavy for what I need now & hood bit too low for my liking.

Silver Cross pop nice big hood better basket & seems more stable than maclaren but seat so far forward there's no sides so no protection from the elements. & not different enough from maclaren to warrant cost.

Joie Brisk LX biggest basket on umbrella fold I've seen & reasonably nice to fold but didnt seem enough space between seat & footrest for dd's legs!

Cybex Agis looks lovely but basket access rubbish & can't see one in real life.

Are Petit Star Zia still around? Thought the company had ceased trading?

peaceloveandbiscuits Sun 20-Nov-16 19:07:27

M&P Armadillo XT has one hand fold, though not terribly light weight when folded. You can lift it with one hand. Very big wide seat (needed for my 99th centile toddler) and a sizeable basket underneath. I got it for £149 down from £299 in the last January sales.

Yeeyeelovesraaraa Mon 21-Nov-16 07:45:34

Is the seat back tall peace? As in does your toddler have enough room under the hood even when pushed back?
Think the xt may be a bit heavier than I'd like but may look at the regular armadillo if it has enough headroom

peaceloveandbiscuits Mon 21-Nov-16 09:32:53

Yes he fits comfortably, and it reclines fully as well.

Pixiemeat Wed 23-Nov-16 07:01:46

Graco Evo Mini?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now