Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mothercare

(5 Posts)
Whysonegativebepositive Wed 09-Nov-16 14:16:22

So I buy a stroller from mothercare 3 months ago with a 1 year guarantee. Noticed Brakes not working properly when dc nearly has accident on bus where stroller fell backwards. I took the stroller to my local branch and was told it needs to go in for repair but will take 4-6 weeks they have no lone pram they can lend me as none in stock.
They tell me to contact customer services who tell me there is nothing they can do I said to them brakes are faulty can't use as dangerous they said nothing they can do I said what about the guarantee they tell me it would have to be in repair on 3 separate occasions before they would replace the pram. Talk about not honouring the one year guarantee I now refuse to purchase anything from them ever again

BobbieDog Wed 09-Nov-16 14:20:13

In your situation what i would of done is got them to ring round other nearest stores to see if they had a loan pram.

Whysonegativebepositive Thu 10-Nov-16 11:54:09

I did but the nearest one is 6 miles away and also they didn't have one

NapQueen Thu 10-Nov-16 11:56:06

Can you tweet them in twitter? 4 to 6 weeks is too long without a push chair.

So he bus incident the only issue you've had with the breaks?

Whysonegativebepositive Thu 10-Nov-16 13:44:42

Yeah I've tweeted them and no response bearing in mind I've tweeted them twice. The brakes failed on the bus and also I've noticed that the left hand side brake sometimes doesn't work either

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now