Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Living in London,flat

(10 Posts)
MissMooMoo Mon 19-Sep-16 10:01:40

DH and I are expecting dc1 next spring.
Just trying to make a budget of all the essentials we will need and we seem overwhelmed with all the prams available!
Looking for something that folds all in one,not a seperate carry cot and seat.
Light and small to use on public transport and with an extendable handle as DH is 6'1 and I am 5'4.
Thinking either the bugaboo bee or the icandy raspberry. Am I missing any others that fit this criteria?
TIA

Parietal Mon 19-Sep-16 10:14:20

get an ergo sling and don't bother with a pushchair at all?

bugaboo bee is great in London if you really have space to store it.

MissMooMoo Mon 19-Sep-16 10:54:34

We will probably get a sling as well as a pushchair.
I don't want to not have a pushchair at all.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Mon 19-Sep-16 10:58:04

Take a look at the Babyzen Yoyo. Super light, super quick fold. And a Connecta baby carrier.

HamSandwichKiller Mon 19-Sep-16 11:01:30

The Babyzen Yoyo or Bugaboo Bee. I've got a Bee and my DS is now 2.6 and we still use ours now and again so it has lasted really well - not sure if the babyzen would last as long but generally in London every other person has a Bee for a reason.

soundsystem Tue 20-Sep-16 20:25:23

I'd recommend the Bee. We chose it for exactly the reasons you've listed. It's also really good for getting on the bus/tube. When DD was small I could lift the whole thing with her in it easily (I'm not super strong!) when I needed to (e.g. lift out of service at the station).

MissMooMoo Wed 21-Sep-16 09:41:03

Thanks all for responses.
Will have a look at the Bee

pitterpatterrain Wed 21-Sep-16 09:42:03

We used a sling until around 5-6 months then a uppababy cruz which folds nicely

EleanorofCastile Thu 22-Sep-16 18:12:44

I went for a Bee3, but bear in mind if you get the carrycot it doesn't fold in one, you have to take the carrycot off. You can use it without the carrycot if you just get a cocoon which the baby goes in and straps to the seat, which almost fully reclines. I haven't used mine yet but I have both the cocoon and the carrycot so I'll see which is most useful!

It also does't fold up as compactly as I was expecting. I didn't have much of a look at them before going for a 2nd hand Bee3 but I would recommend going to John Lewis or somewhere and trying a few out (even if you don't plan to buy new). The Maclarens with carrycots look interesting, and do fold down very compactly, also Baby Jogger are usually recommended for London living and you can get carrycots for these too.

OhIfIMust Sat 24-Sep-16 20:59:05

We have a bee3 with cocoon for our newborn and it's great. People can walk down the escalator on the tube past it no problem and it's got a nice light frame. I would highly recommend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now