Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Suggestions please! Heavy toddler

(16 Posts)
mamarach26 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:14:25

Hi,
My boy is 20 months and he's a big boy, he's built big and weighs around 2.5 stone. When he was born we bought the oyster 2 (and loved it) but he had no head room, so we bought a graco Sky. It's so hard too push with him in and squeaks constantly!
I'm looking for a push chair that has a deep seat and good wheels!
Any advice? X

gigglingHyena Thu 25-Aug-16 11:59:11

Have you considered a 3wheel/all terrain type one.

I found the big wheels made it somewhat easier with a heavy child and they seem to have seats which work for big kids. Think mountain buggy has a higher weight limit than the average buggy.

The down side (for us anyway) was they are quite bulky when folded.

mamarach26 Thu 25-Aug-16 13:50:01

I'm not that keen on 3 wheels, but it does seem like the sensible option! Thank you x

PolkaHeart Thu 25-Aug-16 13:58:54

My DS is 21 months, but weighs the same as yours.

We have a Cosatto pushchair, and it's fab! Never have an issues pushing him, loads of space & the rain hood comes down really low, which is handy if he naps (very rare these days!)

Allaboutthatbase Thu 25-Aug-16 14:14:16

I know you're not keen on 3 wheelers, nor was I particularly, til I got my hands on a baby jogger city mini. Best buggy I've ever had (and with 5 kids I've had a few!). The seat is very tall, my daughter was 4 at the time and could still sit comfortably in it and the huge hood is brilliant for very sunny days/light showers. Really lovely to push and folds to an impressively compact size. I love mine so much I got the double version for dc's 4 & 5! (Not twins, 16month age gap). I think they may do a 4 wheel version too. They are not the cheapest strollers, but the quality of materials etc is very good, they certainly seem built to last, plenty second hand on ebay etc. If you prefer umbrella type strollers, Maclaren techno has a nice tall seat and good leg room.

Allaboutthatbase Thu 25-Aug-16 14:17:16

To be clear- the buggy was for my 9 month old son, 4 year old just gave it a test drive 😉

GlitteryFluff Thu 25-Aug-16 14:19:52

Watching.
It was DS birthday last week. He turned two. He weighs 15.7kg. His height is off the chart in the red book. Weight on the chart but high.
His current buggy is a graco evo but he's too long for it and the weight limit is 15kg so I need to look into alternatives.

SlinkyB Thu 25-Aug-16 14:20:30

I second the Baby Jogger City Mini. Got mine five years ago for ds1, and has now gone through ds2. Ds1 is 75th centile and 5.5yrs now, and still sits in it when his legs are tired on long days out! See if you can get to a shop to try it out, then look online for the best deal.

Lagirafe Thu 25-Aug-16 14:24:13

I used to have a Baby Jogger City Mini and it was fab for big babies / toddlers. When it fell apart I got a Out n About Nipper as we do a lot of walking on rough terrain and that is also very generous and light to push.

5madthings Thu 25-Aug-16 14:28:17

I would get an out and about nipper 360 good big seat and s breeze to push. I just lent mine to a friend for her four year old who had an.operation and couldn't weight bare and he was fine in it.

MrsWooster Thu 25-Aug-16 14:55:08

Another vote for nipper out n about 360. Nearly cried when my dd stopped using it.

Mol1628 Thu 25-Aug-16 15:27:28

Out n about nipper. Brilliant pushchair.

mamarach26 Thu 25-Aug-16 19:08:00

I'm gonna google it, I bought the graco one from babies r us with LOTS of £20 vouchers, so I can only get store credit. I really like the mamas and papas armadillo but that has been discontinued sad I'll look at all of your suggestions thank you x

user1468344221 Thu 25-Aug-16 20:51:48

The silver cross pop and icandy peach both go up to 25kgs if that helps?

mamarach26 Fri 26-Aug-16 07:37:21

The silver cross one has two handles, I can't have two handles! Can't control where it's going haha! The I candy peach is tempting X

BikeRunSki Fri 26-Aug-16 07:40:54

YY to Baby Jogger City Mini or Nipper 360. My enormous DS could still fit in them at 4.5 (he didn't go in them tough, he has a younger sister! He's lazy but not that lazy!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now