Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mamas and Papas Sola 2 Bright red- suitable for boy or girl?

(19 Posts)
Missushb Mon 15-Aug-16 12:37:21

Like the look of the Sola 2 and found a decent price online- but im wondering if it would be too girly if I had a boy?! Baby not due until December.

www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/20/30813/mamas-and-papas-sola²-(bright-red)/

moggle Mon 15-Aug-16 19:44:45

Of course it would be suitable for a boy!! It's red!! Looks perfectly unisex to me and much nicer than beige / grey / black in my opinion.

Dontgiveaschnitzel Mon 15-Aug-16 19:47:03

Any baby can use any colour equipment.

OhHolyFuck Mon 15-Aug-16 19:49:21

It is, but I looove the lime green!

bittapitta Mon 15-Aug-16 19:49:36

Are you serious?

katienana Mon 15-Aug-16 19:50:18

I have this for my ds, bought before I knew the sex. Red is a great colour for a pram. It's now being used by ds2.

EmzDisco Mon 15-Aug-16 19:51:28

Is red only for girls now? Missed that memo.

DD gets carted around in a bright blue buggy, poor thing.

BusStopBetty Mon 15-Aug-16 19:51:32

I think she is, Bittapitta. She's probably worried that a red pram will cause a boy to be gay. hmm

Thequilltosurvive Mon 15-Aug-16 19:52:15

My DS had a bright red car seat and it was lovely. There's no such thing as girl and boy colours - just buy what you like.

Muddlingalongalone Mon 15-Aug-16 19:53:23

I had ocean blue for my dd - admittedly due to her being bald she was called a boy on endless occasions most notably when wearing a pink dress in the super.
Red is a perfect unisex colour

Pestilence13610 Mon 15-Aug-16 19:54:40

Careful Emz DD1 had a blue pushchair and she has grown up have serious job with good earning potential and has to wear steel toe caps to work sometimes shock

bittapitta Mon 15-Aug-16 19:54:48

Sigh. I suspect we're heading down that road busstopBetty.

Disregarding why on earth this is being asked, OP - buy the pram in a colour you like as you'll be seeing a lot of it. Over and out.

SquedgieBeckenheim Mon 15-Aug-16 19:55:05

How can a red pram be too girly? It's a pram FFS, there's no need for "girl" or "boy" colours.
My poor DD has been pushed around in a navy blue pram for 2 years! We didn't know the sex and liked the navy....

EmzDisco Tue 16-Aug-16 14:19:19

Oh no Pestilence , disaster! Am going to stick some butterflies and glitter and cupcakes and heads of barbie dolls on it until I can get a nice pink one.

Ladybirdturd Tue 16-Aug-16 14:21:48

I didn't know pushchairs were now activated by genital recognition software these days!
Seriously op buy whatever colour you like confused

TickleMcTickleFace Tue 16-Aug-16 14:25:28

I have that pram and have used it for my two sons. I hope they haven't caught the gay.

Missushb Wed 17-Aug-16 13:33:33

God wish I'd never asked! If you look at it its red and the bottom looks purple, all this is she serious, oh he might turn out gay?! I'm not an idiot I don't think it would turn him gay what a load of tripe! Thanks for those who replied and didn't think I thought is turn a baby gay with a Pram colour. Ffs!

BusStopBetty Wed 17-Aug-16 18:30:30

But you did think it was a bit girly. What exactly did you mean?

apatheticfallacy Wed 17-Aug-16 18:39:26

OP, in case you haven't been here long, reinforcing gender stereotypes (pink is for girls, blue is for boys, girls like fairies, boys like dinosaurs etc) doesn't go down well here. And quite rightly too.

Just buy the colour you like as you're the one that'll be pushing it around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now