Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Which phil & teds is best?

(4 Posts)
arghhelpme Mon 18-Jul-16 21:52:38

I used to have a phil&teds sport years ago for ds2 and I loved it. Now a few years down the line after selling it as thought I was done with babies I have decided I need one for my 20 month old twins.

Already have a bjcm gt and a strollair my duo but am finding them too wide.

I'm looking at either getting a p&t sport with autostop or dot.
Which one is better?

Also on some websites I have seen a p&t navigator v2, is that the same as the sport with autostop?

GoMommaItsaBargain Sun 24-Jul-16 23:11:59

The new sport is narrower I think than older model but the dot is also narrow- has aero tech tyres that don't need pump up and is a bit shorter ie the footprint so bit less unwieldy in smaller spaces.... I've had both although not for twins and preferred the compactness of the dot- it's so sturdy and carries the weight if two kids or one plus loads bags- baLance bike- picnic etc- workhorse and looks good too I reckon

minipie Mon 25-Jul-16 16:55:19

Navigator v1 was the best for what I wanted. I wanted reclining back seat and it was only the navigator and dot which had them, or some very old heavy models. Dot would have been too small for us - you wouldn't get a largeish 2yr old or average 3 yo in the toddler seat.

Navigator v2 has autostop and reclining back seat. (i didn't want autostop as I like to hang stuff off the handle).

Just looked at the new sport on the p&t website and it looks just like the navigator v2 to me? Maybe they renamed it?

For twins I would have a side by side for easier napping, unless they look like they won't be napping much longer? I'd recommend a look at the out n about nipper or the mountain buggy duet - mountain buggy duet is very very narrow iirc.

Uppababy Vista 2015 converts to a fab looking tandem but it's v pricey.

GoMommaItsaBargain Mon 25-Jul-16 19:40:10

The original dot seat was not good but main seat on latest model is huge- my tall 2.4 yr old.is really.comfy.in it- he can fit in back.seat but lose basket space to his feet and he would been fine in there at 20 months as it reclines for naps- I also had a duet mountain buggy- v narrow even tho side by side- worth a look and good buys second hand

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now