Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

peg perego - help please!

(8 Posts)
anyname123 Sat 25-Jun-16 09:24:38

Hello, my lovely Mum has offered to buy a pushchair / travel system for my first child due soon. She has seen / heard about peg perego, not sure where, and wants to get me one. My thoughts are if they aren't on general sale in UK then is it because they don't meet safety standards, will it be a massive faff if it breaks and there is nowhere to take it back to, and I've never even seen one. Plus the price is cringe! Has anyone got any reviews, suggestions etc? I'd be eternally grateful.

imsorryiasked Sat 25-Jun-16 09:39:10

Is the overseas brand name of (I think) mamas & papas. It's a long time since I've had a buggy but we definitely had a peg perego moses basket stand which fitted our UK bought travel system.

anyname123 Sat 25-Jun-16 11:47:01

Oh great, thanks. Makes sense now why they are sold world wide buy not UK. she'll be very disappointed I'm sure, think she wanted to bring some Italian chic into our lives!

WoodleyPixie Sat 25-Jun-16 11:48:21

Yes European name of mamas and papas. Get one quick before paying import duty wink

imsorryiasked Sat 25-Jun-16 13:35:19

I think they do different fabrics to the UK models, so you could get done chic that way wink. Lots on eBay.

LIZS Sat 25-Jun-16 13:37:31

Yes it is sold as Mamas and Papas in UK although not all are Peg Perego models and vice versa.

anyname123 Sat 25-Jun-16 16:07:38

Thanks for all your help. I worry it's all irelevant as I have the TINIEST car but that's another post sad

BikeRunSki Sat 25-Jun-16 16:16:29

M&p was started by the founders importing Peg Perego pushchairs from Italy to their mates in Yorkshire. The Pliko Pramette is a rebranded Peg Perego.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now