Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Prams for the taller parents?

(10 Posts)
user1466425539 Mon 20-Jun-16 13:44:31

Hi,

I'm new to all this so apologies if this has been asked already - i had a look but couldn't see anything similar.

I am 6ft and my partner is 6ft6 and we are struggling to find a nice (affordable) pram and pushchair that is suitable for our height. Most prams come with the extendable handles which is fine but we are then finding that the actual part where the baby would sit is too low down.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

We've looked at Stokke and Joolz but they are just too pricey. Uppababy Vista 2015 is a nice height but again quite expensive by the time we add on a car seat etc.

Thanks

Belager Mon 20-Jun-16 19:54:31

I'm 5"11, and I have the uppababy cruz. Smaller width wise than the vista (needed something I could use on London transport), and cheaper. Partner and I were worried about the heights, and I loved that the child themselves are higher on the uppababy. Is there anywhere you can go to try loads out?

Fomalhaut Tue 21-Jun-16 07:39:14

I parked next to a britax go yesterday - baby was several inches higher than mine.

Gracey79 Tue 21-Jun-16 07:44:05

The new Icandy peach has a new higher to parent feature (not sure if they're quite as expensive as a stokke) I have the strawberry and love it I'm 5'9''

Maybebabybee Tue 21-Jun-16 07:46:04

We have the babyzen yoyo which my 6ft4 DP uses no bother.

GruffaloPants Tue 21-Jun-16 07:47:54

We have a stokke xplory and it was great - will be using it for DC#2. It is bulky though. So not one for flinging in a small boot.

I managed to save several hundred pounds on it by doing online price match at pram centre (who are close to us). Winstanleys pram world online were cheap for some parts, can't remember where the other bits were price matched from. Alternatively I would recommend second hand or ex display to make it affordable - there are loads on eBay and gumtree, and the old editions are fine too. We have a version 2.

captaincake Tue 21-Jun-16 21:26:35

DH is 6ft7 and he chose the baby jogger city mini gt which he finds very easy to push.

MelT1980 Tue 21-Jun-16 21:31:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

dinodiva Mon 27-Jun-16 07:41:44

Another vote for the Uppababy cruz. I'm not tall but my DH is so it works well for both of us. You also don't necessarily need to buy the bassinet attachment either - you can buy a newborn insert for the seat so you can use it from birth, that would work out a lot cheaper. We did have the bassinet, but it doubled up as a Moses basket for the first couple of months. I didn't see the point in buying two virtually identical products that would have such a relatively short lifespan.

Heirhelp Sun 03-Jul-16 15:23:38

YY to Cruz and using the bassinet as a Moses basket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now