Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Umbrella stroller for big child

(7 Posts)
BigBollards Sun 29-May-16 21:54:38

My daughter is on the 98th percentile for height and I'm expecting her to need a pushchair possibly until she's 4 as she has problems with her feet.

I really need an umbrella fold pushchair for space in my boot. I found both the silver cross pop and reflex but have read a few comments about them not lasting tall children well. I like the reflex because of the bumper bar too, as she loves sitting forward and leaning on it.

I sat her in them in a shop and the top of her head is about 3cm off the top of the chair. The sales assistant said that children mostly grow in their legs at this age, but 3cm head to bum growing room doesn't fill me with confidence that it would last until she's 4.

Has anyone got any recommendations for umbrella pushchairs or anyone have the pop or reflex and can comment on suitability for a large older toddler, please?

Hufflepuffin Mon 30-May-16 16:04:40

I think a baby jogger city zip would be good for you, lots of leg room and nice and tall seat - see pics on the bestbuggy website.

BigBollards Tue 31-May-16 13:51:04

Thanks hufflepuffin. I've had a look and it seems to have positive reviews for tall children but then the specifications say that the seat back is only 40cm long (which is how long her head-bum is now) so that seems a bit contradictory. I need to try to find a local stockist to see if I can try her out in it.

Hufflepuffin Tue 31-May-16 14:40:12

Hmm, I would say looking at those pictures and knowing how my pram is constructed, the seat height is there for an older child of the hood isn't up, it might be a bit small with the hood up. It seems like the folded hood is acting as a sort of headrest!

s88 Sun 03-Jul-16 20:53:38

I love my joie brisk lx , huge hood, lay flat, removable wheels , bumper bar, umbrella fold , 1 hand close .

Ds is 2.5 (but would say size of 3.5)

evilharpy Sun 03-Jul-16 20:59:53

We have a Maclaren XLR. I'm not sure about height but it does have a wider seat than other pushchairs I've used, and my 91st centile 19 month old still looks quite tiny in it. It's worth a look, it's lovely to use and seems very comfortable. It's a fairly big fold though.

minipie Mon 11-Jul-16 11:01:57

I have a friend with super tall children and she has an Uppababy G Luxe for this reason. not sure of the measurements but have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now