Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pushchair seat

(5 Posts)
firsttimemum15 Fri 27-May-16 13:49:26

Hi

Probably a common thought amongst mums. But baby not a fan of carry cot or lying flat. Spends most of time in a sling carrier not 6 months yet. Advised to use Pushchair seat from 6 months only and warnings all over Pushchair.

Why is this? I'm not asking if other mums moved baby before 6mo. I'm a stickler for rules so will probably wait

AgeOfEarthquakes Fri 27-May-16 14:03:46

The 6 month warning are because young babies struggle to hold their heads up and could possibly end up in a slumped position in the seat which could compromise their airway. Having said that, I swapped to the pushchair bit when mine became resistant to lying flat and I was confident they could sit with support. I had them facing me and slightly reclined and it was fine - they enjoyed being able to see me better and liked looking around. They were probably 5 months ish. It was a while ago now so I'm not certain but it was definitely earlier than 6 months.

firsttimemum15 Sun 29-May-16 18:52:12

Thank you. My baby can sit quite well and has excellent head control. If that's the only reason the caution is in place I'm wondering whether to swap it then.
I had it all taken apart to do the swap then change my mind because of the warnings but didn't know what they were there for.

Zaurak Mon 30-May-16 19:06:02

Ours flat out refused to lie in the carrycot from about four months. Had pretty good head control at birth so by four months I had no worry putting him in the seat. He loved it.
What you want to avoid is them slumping or having a wobbly head. Ds was dated by being put in upright then reclined when tired. Wilful little child ....

Zaurak Mon 30-May-16 19:06:20

Sated! Not dated. He's a tad young yet ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now