Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Really light and cheap buggy

(9 Posts)
NinkyNonky Sun 15-May-16 20:18:02

I'm 23 weeks and have just been diagnosed with spd. I have a 2 year old who is not a good walker, especially in the mornings on the nursery run.

It's only a short distance from the car park to the nursery but I think I'm going to need to put her in a pushchair for it. We have a baby jogger city mini but I'm struggling with it out of the car.

Is there anything really cheap and light I could get? Doesn't even need to be comfy as she'll only be in it for a couple of minutes a day!

Thanks

Artandco Sun 15-May-16 20:21:55

Hmm I'm not sure there's much that will be any easier than the mini. It's already fairly light.

You might get a very very basic one but then I would say it would be more awkward to fold/ push/ etc so probably even out.

Could you put a rein set on her so she can't run off? Or could you arrange with nursery someone will collect her from the car?

Artandco Sun 15-May-16 20:23:54

But otherwise

m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-striped-travel-stroller-multicoloured/p231301621?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_41#page_loaded

almostthirty Sun 15-May-16 20:24:55

£20 from either argos or tesco (sorry can't remember which 1. It's so light weight my 4 yr old carries it. It is a very basic scissor folding stroller. It doesn't recline but my 2 yr old is happy to sleep in it. I also put the buggy board on the back.

Lostandinsane Sun 15-May-16 20:26:38

I've just got a cheap stroller from Aldi as a holiday buggy - was under £20

Innermagic Sun 15-May-16 20:29:15

Aldi, you could hold it above your head with one hand it's so light.

workplacewoe Sun 15-May-16 20:34:55

Be wary - the cheap, light umbrella strollers age often quite awkward to push with a heavy-ish toddler in. I found it much easier to push my heavy 3-wheeler (with air tyres) when I had SPD.

NinkyNonky Sun 15-May-16 20:59:54

Thanks everyone I'll have a look at the ones suggested but if not I'll ask the nursery if they can come and get her. Thanks for that suggestion Artandco, I hadn't thought of that!

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 15-May-16 21:05:22

Petit Star Zia. They don't make them anymore, but there are some bargains on eBay. I struggle with my hips still, after having bad SPD, and this is brilliant to push. My 2yo can climb into his as well, so bonus.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131815316854

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now