Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Buggy for taking abroad

(3 Posts)
mandbaby Tue 12-Apr-16 09:44:29

Apologies - this has probably been asked a gazillion times already, but...

We're travelling to Florida next year with our two sons (who will be aged almost 8 and 6) and our daughter who will be almost three. We use an iCandy peach at home for our LG but I obviously need to buy a buggy just for taking abroad. Something light, but strong. Sturdy and large enough to carry a big bag for a picnic and all the paraphernalia needed for a day out. And preferably, one that can recline to allow her to take naps and with a decent sunshade.

I don't really want to spend more than £100 as it is going to get thrown around by Customs at the airport. Any recommendations?

moggle Tue 12-Apr-16 10:32:47

Have you thought about just hiring one? In Florida there will be loads of options what with being such a tourist hotspot. I just had a quick search (i googled baby equipment rental florida) and found a site which had jogger type ones for $49 a week, and umbrella ones for $18 a week. They usually do pick up / drop off at airport. Obviously that assumes you won't need it in the airport. She can sit on the luggage trolley :-) or sometimes airports provide some strollers to use while you're in the terminals.

We were looking at hiring one for our holiday to Canada in May but decided to take ours (baby jogger city mini) - DD is only 18m though and still sleeps a lot in the pushchair so for us, having familiar pushchair will help I think. We are hiring a car seat though from one of these companies.

mandbaby Tue 12-Apr-16 10:55:07

We're going for a month, so that would be a hefty rental - otherwise yes, I possibly would consider hiring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now