Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby jogger Versa discontinued?

(8 Posts)
Sgoinneal Tue 22-Mar-16 21:39:13

Hi - I've just bought a baby jogger Versa (heavily discounted) as it seems it's being discontinued according to the wee shop I bought it from. I bought the deluxe BJ carrycot because the little Versa one was out of stock, but basically I can't get my head round why they would discontinue it - genuinely was by far and away my favourite pushchair that I tried, the only one (perhaps along with Uppababy Vista) that does everything I need. Anyone know what's happening?

Diddlydokey Tue 22-Mar-16 21:43:42

It was quite heavy and had a safety recall at one point iirc

Sgoinneal Tue 22-Mar-16 21:51:17

Really diddley! That's worrying - need to do somemore googling. Weight didn't bother me, had a much heavier one for dc1 so it was probably relative.

Sgoinneal Tue 22-Mar-16 21:53:13

Ah, seeing the batch recall now, panicked there thinking it was all of them...!

Sad, I think it's a great pushchair - like the Uppababy too mind you

Hufflepuffin Tue 22-Mar-16 21:54:33

They are replacing it with the metro (iirc) which is similar but lighter. I haven't seen one yet though.

Congrats though, it's a great pram!

Sgoinneal Tue 22-Mar-16 21:56:08

Ah that would explain it huffle if the weight puts people off. I do really like it, was stumped when the guy said it was discontinued but gratefully accepted the shockingly cheap bargain

Hufflepuffin Tue 22-Mar-16 22:13:37

Go on, tell us how cheap!

Sgoinneal Tue 22-Mar-16 22:18:18

£200, with rain cover, footmuff and buggy bar. The only one they had left. Hence why I just bought it on the spot and didn't query why it had been discontinued! Also got £50 off the carrycot.

Just seeing the Metro will now be called the premiere, early reviews look great. Can see it being a big hit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now