Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Uppababy Vista 2015

(7 Posts)
Kenya88 Sun 20-Mar-16 20:14:27

Help!!!!! I'm desperately looking for a double inline pushchair that will work well for a newborn and a 2 year old who is quite tall, would the Vista work?? If so what do people love and/or hate about it?? Thanks...

Kenya88 Tue 22-Mar-16 09:23:27

Anyone???..

WooWoo1000 Mon 28-Mar-16 18:47:03

Hi,

We're planning to go for this one on the recommendation of friends who have a one year old and a toddler. They did thorough research before buying and apparently it's the only model with a configuration that allows both children to see the world rather than one child being stuck with the view of the back of the other child's seat.

They did a quick demo of clicking the pram, car seat and buggy seat on and off and it looked really simple. At around £800 I thought the price was a bit steep but I've since learnt this is the going rate for a quality travel system that's going to be easy to use a last for multiple children.

DevonLulu Tue 29-Mar-16 17:11:50

Yes. I have it for this very reason and it's great.

My DS1 is 27 months and 98th centile for height and 16.2kg. My DS2 is 5 months. It has been brilliant.

When pregnant I really struggled to carry my DS1 and so used it as a single a lot. I replaced a Bug Cam 2 which was not as user friendly as the vista 2015. It is a great single. Big tall seat, huge basket and very sturdy for such a big lad. My ONLY slight quibble is that it is about 2-3cm wider than you would ideally want, but this is to accommodate the second seat of needed.

When DS2 was born I loved the carry cot and seat configuration, which really worked well and didn't religate my poor toddler to a rubbish seat. He could still chat and didn't feel put out by the baby coming along. The huge basket was a godsend with two.

I have since bought the buggy board and my DS1 is great on this. Now that he is a bit bigger. I have used the carry cot, seat and buggy board when looking after my niece, who is also just 2. The vista coped with three with ease.

I have a be safe Isi go car seat and it attaches well, making it a great travel system.

My DS2 is now 5 months and just come out of the carry cot (7.88kg and 50-75th centile). He to is long. Consequently we use the car seat/ seat configuration a lot, moving DS2 from seat to seat depending on whether DS1 happens to be walking.

I had thought that j would buy the second seat about now, but I've decided not to. Firstly my DS1 is getting very good on the buggy board, secondly I concerned that my DS1 is over the weight limit and it may make the thing too tricky to push. Thirdly the second seat is quite expensive. To be honest, with the money that id put away to by the second seat, I've been on gumtree and bought a outnabout nipper double v3, which I use for long days out when I think they both boys will nap and the walking will be arduous eg. A day at the Eden Project etc.

It does take up a lot of boot space, but interestingly for me is easier to get in my boot than the Cam. Must be the shape and the fold.

My only other quibble (apart from the width which is not really an issue at all) is that there really is not a 'nice' footmuff to go with it. Nothing that fits well unless you like the shell suit material shiny number offered by Uppababy

In summary, I have been hugely pleased with it. If my DS1 was just tall and not heavy, it would probably have been perfect. Not that there is a perfect pushchair!!!

BumWad Thu 31-Mar-16 21:50:57

Nicer footmuffs in different colours have come out I think rather than the bin liner looking ones - check out eBay.

BumWad Thu 31-Mar-16 21:51:24

(We have a John Lewis own brand footmuff and it fits fine btw)

DevonLulu Thu 31-Mar-16 22:37:13

I'm using the John Lewis one too, does the job but not perfect. Also much cheaper!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now