Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

SMALL Travel System

(15 Posts)
HarveysMum22 Sat 06-Feb-16 17:21:54

Hi, currently drive a vauxhall corsa and am looking for a travel system that doesn't take up my entire boot which is exactly 1 metre wide. Have tried several that friends have (silver cross 3d, graco sky) none of which really fit to still allow for shopping or if we go on a long trip and need to take a seat unit rather than just using the car seat.

Have looked into the Bugaboo Bee which seems to fold down nice and small and the carrycot doesn't seem to bulky (but is expensive) and the cocoon is also an option. Does anyone have the Bee and would recommend it particularly from newborn or is there a better system that folds very small?

AGrinWithoutACat Sat 06-Feb-16 17:57:19

Does it have to be a travel system?

I love my Quinny Zapp extra2, used it with the car seat when DC3 was tiny, it faces rear, flat and also slightly tilted, as she got older and will soon move to forward facing (which also has a recline flat position) and it fold really small!

Artandco Sat 06-Feb-16 17:58:43

The new babyzen yoyo. The new one will take a car seat as well as fold tiny ( half the size of the bee), and parent faces from newborn

Artandco Sat 06-Feb-16 18:00:00

Here

www.naturalbabyshower.co.uk/collections/babyzen-yoyo-plus

HarveysMum22 Sat 06-Feb-16 19:07:43

AGrinWithoutACat I wasn't overly keen on the Zapp the wheels don't seem to be particularly well wearing and the pavements round our area are brilliant do you have any personal experience of using the Zapp?

Artandco Not overly keen on this either think it is far to overpriced and not keen on the overall look (although it does fold down to nearly nothing)

ACatCalledFang Sat 06-Feb-16 22:41:23

Have you looked at the iCandy Raspberry? Very similar to the Bugaboo Bee but quite a bit cheaper - a lie-flat stroller which can be used with car seat and/or newborn cocoon. Folds down to well under a metre in height and it's only just over 50 cm wide, I think.

Only downside in terms of what you want is that it's quite an "urban" pushchair, if you know what I mean - the wheels are small and the suspension is not amazing. It's great for public transport and normal pavements but not good with cobbles, uneven surfaces, etc - I wouldn't take it off-road. We've been very happy with it for a newborn (he sleeps very well in it, so it must be comfortable!), but it's definitely a city pushchair.

AGrinWithoutACat Sun 07-Feb-16 15:43:42

HarveysMum DC is now just over a year and buggy has had almost daily use and holding up fine, wheels don't appear particularly worn. Pavements where we are aren't brilliant but are ok and have pushed the buggy over mud and gravel too.

I would call it a town buggy rather than country, although I would take it on a unpaved path but not through fields if you get what I mean smile

Hufflepuffin Sun 07-Feb-16 19:08:49

If you're not fussed on a carrycot then the babyjogger city zip is brilliant and takes a car seat. The baby jogger city mini is a smidge larger but they do a carrycot. Neither of them are lookers though!

HarveysMum22 Sun 07-Feb-16 19:19:34

Thank you for the recommendation ACatCalledFang but I think it would struggle with pavements round our way they aren't particularly good so not sure it would handle them very well, although it sounds like it folds to the perfect size which is a bit annoying

Hufflepuffin Sun 07-Feb-16 19:31:51

Oh wait! The easywalker mosey. Folding carrycot. I would love one.

Autumn2014 Sun 07-Feb-16 19:44:45

I've just bought an easywalker mini, it's on offer at mothercare but the stock in low as it's a clearance offer. It's supposed to fit in a mini boot. It's like the mosey, but has mini branding, and is half price!

poocatcherchampion Sun 07-Feb-16 19:47:09

I think the bee is fab. Weve used it from birth with cocoon. People say it is a city buggy but unless youvlive on a sandy beach I don't know what that is about. Most people use buggys on roads, pavements and in shops and shopping centres.

Jadevk123 Fri 29-Jul-16 12:20:30

I have a VW Fox and am having a similar issue. We live in the countryside, so need one that not only folds up really small, but can also handle fields and rough terrain. Any ideas?

Hufflepuffin Sat 30-Jul-16 18:52:57

Two buggies! One for country to keep at home and something tiny for the car.

Fomalhaut Sun 31-Jul-16 20:47:00

Easywalker mosey !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now