Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Joolz Day vs. Uppababy Cruz 2015

(5 Posts)
605transplant Wed 13-Jan-16 10:43:21

I am a first-time mum looking for pushchair/pram advice. Early on in my pregnancy I fell in love with the Joolz Day. TBH, mostly for its looks. However after doing my research and testing it in store I was sold on its practicality as well. I have two remaining concerns about the Joolz Day - 1) the weight/heft and 2) the small and impractical shopping bag. I then recently looked at the new Uppababy Cruz 2015 and was impressed by how it scores on both accounts (very lightweight and a nice big shopping bag). But in my opinion the Cruz is not as attractive as the Joolz (I know, this shouldn't matter) and perhaps more importantly the Cruz seems a bit flimsy and wheels are smaller and have less suspension. One other small wrinkle is the Joolz seat has adjustable length footrest which is supposedly great for tall babies while Cruz is fixed footrest length.

We live in Central London and do not have a car so will be using our pram A LOT including all errands, taxis, and occasional tube and bus rides. We have a lift to our flat but there are several steps to get inside the building (as there are in almost every building), hence the concern about the Joolz weight. Would love perspective from any mums out there with positive or negative experiences with either pram! Thanks.

ThePug Sat 16-Jan-16 15:44:46

The Joolz Geo would overcome the issue with the small basket, and I don't think the weight is much different from the Day. I was comparing the Day, Geo & Uppababy Vista and went for the Geo as like you, I loved the Joolz styling and the practicality. I didn't try the Cruz as the wheels were small (and we're likely to use on dog walks as well as in the city) so can't comment on the comparable weight of that.

magpie17 Sat 16-Jan-16 16:24:21

I've got the uppababy vista, very sturdy, large wheels so might be better than the Cruz?

605transplant Sun 17-Jan-16 19:57:24

Thanks for your feedback. My concern with both the Geo and Vista are the size and weight (as both are actually heavier and larger than the Joolz Day which I am already worried is too large and heavy). Do either of you use the Vista or Day on public transport, in small stores, and/or up and down a fair amount of steps (i.e. 4-5 steps to enter a house) often?

firsttimemum15 Sun 17-Jan-16 20:00:50

Joolz Geo had a big basket which can be lifted off easily to transport shopping inside

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now