Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Handlebar extender - do they exist?

(4 Posts)
ArcticCactus Mon 28-Dec-15 15:54:45

I have a joie mirus as a car boot pushchair. The handle us really short and doesn't extend. It's even too short for me at five foot two!

I'm envisaging a thing that clips onto the handle and extends it, but I can't find one anywhere.., do they exist, and if so, where can j get one?

AuntieStella Sat 02-Jan-16 16:39:10

There appear to be some on the market if you google, but I've no idea if they'd fit your particular pushchair.

If none of those would fit, were you/DP any good at DT? Because I'd have thought that it might be possible to customise something like bike handles to fix on.

SkiptonLass2 Sat 02-Jan-16 17:17:11

I thought about a couple of bike brackets and a bar...

Which ones are you seeing when you google? All I can find is a huge one for jogging.

AuntieStella Sat 02-Jan-16 17:54:48

I fund one for a micralite (multi position, but include going taller) and one by chariotsatp (looks like for forward fold type) both definitely from UK sites. Also various types on US sites, though one did look like it was home made from old tent poles held together with leopard print duct tape.

www.farmshow.com/a_article.php?aid=18022 was meant to be coming back into manufacture, but I'm not sure it ever did. But it might give ideas for another DIY approach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now