Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Help me solve my maclaren dilemma

(11 Posts)
tintinenamerique Sun 20-Sep-15 15:03:57

I have a volo - I love it, it lives in the boot and is great, nippy and so lightweight as a second buggy (also have a bee). My childminder also uses it. She's making me feel a bit guilty as DS (16 months) falls asleep in it on the way back from playgroup and she is concerned as it doesn't recline.

Should I leave it be as he'll more than likely be dropping his morning nap soon or buy a globetrotter (want some thing v v lightweight) for the recline? Am sure it will come in handy with any future kids as a reclining spare buggy.

My concern is that:
a) globetrotter is slightly bigger (love the compactness of the volo)
b) the globetrotter seat looks less upright - DS loves to sit upright, particularly when on the lookout for dogs

Any thoughts?

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sun 20-Sep-15 15:06:57

I love the Baby Jogger City Mini GT that my nanny family has small, compact, sits up and fully declines folds in a flick of the wrist.

tintinenamerique Sun 20-Sep-15 15:14:11

Thanks, I definitely want something super duper light though and pretty set on a maclaren

AliceMum09 Sun 20-Sep-15 15:51:19

I love my Maclarens too, and I wouldn't bother about the size because I'm sure the Globetrotter isn't that much bigger. But I do think the seat won't be as upright, can you get to a shop to try one out?

But in general you can't go wrong with a Maclaren, I've had a Quest, a Volo, a Techno XT and another Quest (not because any of them broke but because my mum ended up with the first Quest as a spare and the others I just had to have for all different situations!).

PennyHasNoSurname Sun 20-Sep-15 15:58:11

Can you leave the Bee with her during the week so she can use that instead?

tintinenamerique Sun 20-Sep-15 15:59:09

That's helpful, thanks. Think I will have to try one out, was feeling impatient and hoping to order online this week (can't get to see one until at least next weekend).

Having looked closer at the globetrotter seat, it doesn't look very comfy. Not even as comfortable as the hammock-style bolo seat.

Not going to make any rushed purchases yet!

Laquila Sun 20-Sep-15 16:00:57

The Quest is pretty lightweight when folded, and reclines - is that an option?

RandomMess Sun 20-Sep-15 16:01:46

Nah I'd leave it, if he's napping fine upright I'd stick with that and save your ££££££

poocatcherchampion Sun 20-Sep-15 16:05:15

I'd leave it. He obvs can sleep in it so there is no problem

tintinenamerique Sun 20-Sep-15 16:08:04

That's my decision today. Glad I spent his entire nap time doing buggy research!!

poocatcherchampion Sun 20-Sep-15 16:26:07

grin
Apparently I'm now thinking about a new buggy too. Not sure if I need one either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now