Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Buggy board advice

(7 Posts)
SpanielFace Thu 13-Aug-15 20:44:11

I'm expecting baby no 2 in January, when DS will be 3 years and 4 months. We do some long walks with the dog, I'm trying to wean him off taking the pushchair with us at the moment, but I think we will still want a buggy board for longer walks. I currently have a Britax B Mobile, used when DS was tiny (with the carry cot attachment) or for quick trips around town, and also a Phil & Teds Sport, which we bought 2nd hand when he was about a year old and has been brilliant, but I wouldn't use for a newborn as it doesn't parent-face. (We also don't have the seat to turn into into a tandem, the newborn cocoon etc as it was a 2nd hand bargain).

Is there such a thing as a buggy board that would fit both pushchairs, or is that hoping for too much? Is there such a thing as a universal one, or are they all different?

BananaPie Fri 14-Aug-15 23:15:35

Check the lascal website - it has a handy thing that tells you whether their buggy board will fit your buggy

SpanielFace Sun 16-Aug-15 11:38:06

Oh brilliant, thank you.

Frusso Sun 16-Aug-15 11:41:04

Buggyboard maxi should fit both.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Sun 16-Aug-15 11:47:03

You really aren't going to want a buggy board for long walks. They make the buggy hard to manipulate and really heavy to push. I'd use a scooter and a scoot'n'pull rope instead....

SpanielFace Sun 16-Aug-15 11:50:51

Thanks teenage. He's getting a scooter for his 3rd birthday in 2 weeks, hopefully he will get the hang of it quite quickly (he's not the most coordinated boy!) But that's an option I'd not thought of. Can you pull them and push a pushchair at the same time, practically?

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Sun 16-Aug-15 13:00:50

I looped the scoot'n'pull rope around the buggy handle and then pushed the buggy just fine. We only used it as a last resort when she was tired of scooting or if we were on a busy road and I couldn't trust her not to scoot off. I think we used our buggy board approximately five times before I got sick of it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now