Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Travel system to fit in VW beetle convertible boot?!

(5 Posts)
hethajf Tue 28-Jul-15 14:47:45

Hi everyone,
I know this has been asked before and lots of suggestions made but i can't find a thread where a VW beetle owner has actually tried / tested and bought a travel system that would fold to fit in their boot?
My car is a 2010 VW bettle convertible. The fact that it's convertible means that the boot opening is rather small and the parcel shelf does not come out.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated, I'm looking for one suitable from birth.
Thankyou!

DunderMiffed Tue 28-Jul-15 19:28:07

Do you want a separate carrycot or just something suitable from birth and able to take a car seat?

hethajf Tue 28-Jul-15 20:09:43

I'd like one with a separate carry cot because we do lots of walking from home anyway but I'm not worried about that bit fitting in the car, I'd be happy with just taking the car seat and wheels when we're out and about in the car.

NishyM Wed 29-Jul-15 22:43:36

I have a small car (Fiat 500) and my ICandy Peach fits in nicely, as you can fold it down really small, about a third of the size it is when it's up. You have to take the wheels off but you just push a button in the center and they come off nice and easy. We did what you suggested and used the car seat in the car and the pram in the boot, worked really well.

jamesblake7 Mon 03-Aug-15 16:49:01

my iCandy rasspberry is really compact when folded, nice and light to move around aswell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now