Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Taking bugaboo donkey abroad

(8 Posts)
flyhigh Sat 11-Jul-15 13:12:07

Hi, has anyone on here ever taken a bugaboo donkey (duo) on an airplane?? My kids love it as do I but thinking it may not be very practical given it's size ??

PotteringAlong Sat 11-Jul-15 13:12:56

I wouldn't; far too easy to get damaged.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sat 11-Jul-15 13:23:46

No - too worried about damage

I'm contemplating either a Phil and ted or a bjcm double. Not sure what to go for. Think the P&T might be quite heavy

CactusAnnie Sat 11-Jul-15 13:31:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleBairn Sat 11-Jul-15 16:46:11

My plan would be to remove the fabrics, seat units, hoods, hood rods, basket and anything else loose and pack the in a suitcase.
Then bubble wrap the frame and put it in the travel bag.

flyhigh Sat 11-Jul-15 17:59:16

I will just take two strollers, think I just quite liked the idea of being able to go off with them both together alone (extended family holiday so alone time will be a mustgrin). Thanks for the opinions.

lentilpot Sat 11-Jul-15 20:26:02

You could get some of those clips that connect two strollers for occasional solo excursions?

Prince Lionheart Pushchair Connectors https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000056J23/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_J2wOvbVCJYW6A maybe cheaper on eBay?

Artandco Thu 23-Jul-15 22:12:07

I would take it. We always travelled with the bugaboo chameleon. 50+ flights, across two children, and sold it in as new condition. Worse case it's covered under insurance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now