Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pushchair for age 3+

(6 Posts)
Thurlow Mon 08-Jun-15 10:06:53

We thought we were finished with pushchairs and just have a tiny light stroller for holidays etc but due to changing nursery, we now have a good mile's walk to nursery first thing in the morning and there is no way, for anyone's sanity, that we're going to manage this without a pushchair that DD can use if she doesn't want to walk quickly or wants to investigate every sodding twig on the floor. The light stroller just isn't good to push quickly and tbh it doesn't feel that well made to cope with what might be a bit of a sprint.

I'm looking to get something second hand that we can use, preferably one that's still quite smooth to push with a heavier child in. I was looking at the 3 wheelers, maybe something like a Quinny Buzz, but saw a few reviews that said it might not be great for an older child?

DD isn't particularly tall or heavy but still, she'll be at the end age and weight range for what pushchairs can manage.

Any recommendations?

IUseAnyName Mon 08-Jun-15 12:38:22

Have you considered a push along trike instead?.... Or a scooter or balance bike?

Otherwise I'd recommend a nipper or mountain buggy as they both have lots of room. My nearly 6 yr old fits in his sisters nipper fine x

Thurlow Mon 08-Jun-15 17:16:59

Hopefully we'll do the balance bike or scooter in the long-term, but not right now. I'll have a look at the Nipper.

NishyM Tue 09-Jun-15 22:15:54

I know my ICandy Raspberry can take a child up to 25 kilos, the lady in John Lewis said it's especially helpful for older children as the seat is quite big..it's not a got 3 wheels though but it is really sturdy

moojie Tue 09-Jun-15 22:23:28

Babyjogger City mini GT. My 3 yr old still sits in this for long days out and it will be coming on holiday with us in the summer. It even fits my 5yr old in (with the 3yr old on his lap!) when he is feeling lazy on a long walk somewhere!

tortoisesarefab Tue 09-Jun-15 22:23:48

I also think nipper or phil and teds, their seats are tested up to 5yrs I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now