Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby jogger city mini or mclaren techno? Travel buggy suitable from birth recommendations please?

(11 Posts)
Futter Mon 18-May-15 08:56:31

Looking for a lightweight compact travel buggy suitable from birth - I've seen good reviews the two I've mentioned what are people's thoughts and recommendations? Are either of these parent facing?
Thanks all!

Ihateparties Mon 18-May-15 12:02:55

Neither do, neither are particularly compact when compared with other options available now. I'd start by looking at the Babyzen yoyo 0+ and the baby jogger zip. The Yoyo parent faces in newborn mode, the zip doesn't.

Eatsleepwork Mon 18-May-15 12:08:29

Neither parent face but I currently have both for my one year old and the baby jogger is my favourite by a very long stretch, particularly if you have a long/ wide baby. I soent the weekend in London hopping on and off trains and the bjcm was so easy to fold up and down with speed.

bonzo77 Mon 18-May-15 12:11:57

City mini every time. Wider seat, bigger hood, easier harness. Can push one handed while holding ice cream.

TwilightSparkle Mon 18-May-15 12:24:20

The techno isn't all that compact. We had one a few years ago and it wouldn't fit in the boot of my Clio because it was too long.

I'd go for baby jogger every time. I have a BJ versa which parent faces, and is fairly compact but I wouldn't call it lightweight.

Imperialleather2 Mon 18-May-15 18:32:24

I've Got a techno and bjcm gt.. I love the bjcm it is a brilliant buggy and so easy to use. I wasn't worried about parent facing as we had a chameleon and bee prior to that.

I think the bjcm is probably my favourite.

Futter Mon 18-May-15 18:51:01

Thanks everyone smile we've got the new uppababy vista which we love so not looking to spend loads if we can help it so I think the baby zen yoyo one is out but sounds like the baby jogger brand is top pick! What's the difference between the mini GT and the ZIP?

Luckystar82 Tue 19-May-15 14:29:55

I've just purchased a deluxe carrycot to go on my baby jogger city mini GT - it was more expensive than basic version, but is huge and luxurious. I'm hoping it will last and keep buggy parent facing for longest possible time.

DC1 due in a few weeks time so can't wait to test it out as it looks like a great buggy!

Imperialleather2 Tue 19-May-15 15:43:37

The gt is bigger and has bigger more comfy wheels. The zip folds up tiny

Look.at bestbuggy.Co.UK and they compare all the prams

Futter Thu 21-May-15 09:30:33

Thanks all you've been very helpful! Done some more research and been to look at them and I think we are going to buy the one in between - just the city mini as we won't be using it that much. First time we'll be using it is in July in the Lake District so DS will need to be lay flat as he'll be 3 months - any recommendations of a nice soft liner to put in there so he's comfy but not too fleecy so he doesn't get too hot?

bonzo77 Thu 21-May-15 20:26:16

I'd get a foot muff that you can later use on your day to day buggy. Most of them you can unzip the top entirely so it's not hot. Though I think you will fall in love with the city mini and it will become your day to day buggy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now