Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mamas and Papas Buggies?

(13 Posts)
DifferentNow Wed 09-Jul-14 09:10:06

I recently bought a M&P Tour online while my BJCM was being repaired and to use on holiday. It cost £100 and was dreadful, like a really cheap and nasty Maclaren. It developed a fault after it's second use and had to go back.

MiaowTheCat Wed 09-Jul-14 08:56:44

I have a M+P double stroller and I hate it to be honest - it hasn't been used for months as it's such a pain in the arse. Still looks decent enough - it's worn well despite being used for muddy dog walks - I just don't like it I guess.

Ihateparties Sat 05-Jul-14 20:51:27

I've had some mega bargains from mamas and papas over the years, through their occasionally very aggressive discounting. So what I have had has been excellent value for money and lucky I think that nothing has broken so we've never had to argue anything out with them. The stroller type pushchair I had for ds, who is now almost 7 has been used fairly lightly but regularly over the years but still looks good and is now being used by some friends.

I like both the joovy groove and the red kite zumi for cheapish, light, large canopy holiday pushchairs.

BikeRunSki Sat 05-Jul-14 17:14:06

Fair play. Last time I looked, about 3 years ago,pushchairs were no more than £40 off ordinary price, which still made them £££ compared to something similar from other brands.

Trazzletoes Sat 05-Jul-14 07:59:39

Whenever I've been it's been good value on the big ticket items... Bits and pieces not so much. I wouldn't have wanted to pay full price for our pushchair, or buggy which we also got from there, but they both served us very well.

BikeRunSki Sat 05-Jul-14 07:41:44

See, I live in Huddersfield and I disagree. Maybe things have deteriorated in recent years ? I don't find the outlet shop particularly cheap at all.

Trazzletoes Sat 05-Jul-14 07:38:04

We had one for DS1 (several years ago and not either of the particular makes you are asking about). Had no probs with it at all. It was lovely. Though we did get it half price from their outlet. Which, incidentally, is my top tip if you live within 100 miles of Huddersfield!

BikeRunSki Sat 05-Jul-14 07:32:15

Poor quality
High cost
Awful customer service
Tiny seats
Far better quality prams/pushchairs on the market at lower cost. Go to john Lewis, Kiddicare or an independent nursery retailer and try a few our. Not Mothercare, unless they have a particularly good sale on.

Tiggywunkle Fri 04-Jul-14 23:30:18

I agree.....step out of M&P and head for your nearest friendly independent retailer and they will show you the wonderful range of other pushchairs available to buy! If you still want an M&P, I am sure they will sell you one....but I agree with the other two. The quality, fabrics etc. quickly deteriorate.

snowcloud Fri 04-Jul-14 23:14:06

Oh no why?

BikeRunSki Fri 04-Jul-14 23:06:28

^ this ^

Goldmandra Fri 04-Jul-14 23:00:34

Just don't buy M&P.

The quality doesn't live up to the price and the customer service is appalling when things go wrong.

snowcloud Fri 04-Jul-14 22:59:10

Anyone got the Trek or the Barnie buggy? How good are they? Just wondering is the shade big enough covering enough for the pram?? How good are they for a holiday~?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now