Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Will an oyster board fit other pushchairs?

(7 Posts)
mrsbee2be Mon 30-Jun-14 22:29:18

Just that really, got an oyster & board but would like to buy a pushchair which folds in one piece.... Has anyone used the board on other pushchair?

Ihateparties Tue 01-Jul-14 12:26:10

The oyster does fold on one piece, both directions... So I'm guessing you're wanting a smaller/different shaped fold? I don't know if it fits other things, they would have to have a very similar rear axle.

mrsbee2be Tue 01-Jul-14 20:08:42

It does but I'm just looking for something a bit more compact to fit nicely in my car, I have a huge car but it still takes a big space up. I alternate between oyster & board & a Double baby jogger which is mega compact in comparison!
Also the oyster has a tendency to unfold itself when lifted & whack my shins when it has the board on & it blooming hurts!
Thinking of a single BJ or a maclaren instead, for simple folding smile

Ihateparties Tue 01-Jul-14 21:38:46

Indeed, both will be simpler but the city mini is particularly silly with a board, I mean sure, you can put one on it fits but it won't be any fun. My head says a bee but if you're not looking for parent facing (and bee also does the flappy thing when folded sometimes) then there might be something more suitable. I used a britax b motion and board for quite a long time. That was pretty good really. They're on offer at the moment. More recently I used the red kite zumi and board but my rising 4year old was the right size, tall enough to see over, narrow enough to fit inside the handle. It was worse than useless when my 2yo tried to go on it. An oyster jule maybe?? Or is that too similar to what you have?

mrsbee2be Wed 02-Jul-14 20:24:09

I think I'm going to quit the board idea after realising I never really use it, I much prefer my BJCMD for them both, & after looking at singles today think I'm going to buy another BJ... Only thing now is to decide city mini or gt, annoyingly I can't find anywhere local with a display gt hmm

Ihateparties Wed 02-Jul-14 20:25:33

Unless weight is a major factor gt all the way.. It's not even a question or wait for a city mini zip?!?!

mrsbee2be Thu 03-Jul-14 11:30:20

Argh it looks fab but I'm too scared to buy one without viewing first! Are they the same size folded? What else is different to the city mini other than the wheels & handle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now